The Flu sucks!!

W

wrightme43

Anybody wanna comisserate? LOL LOL

They sent me home from work about 10 minutes after I got there. I have been getting sicker and sicker for the past few days, and now every time I turn my head I get dizzy. Went to bed very early last night, taking theraflu, and lots of liquids.

Basicly screw the flu right in its poopchute.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

They sent me home from work about 10 minutes after I got there. I have been getting sicker and sicker for the past few days, and now every time I turn my head I get dizzy. Went to bed very early last night, taking theraflu, and lots of liquids.

We need to clarify mate, is it just "Flu" or is it "Man flu" lol?

Nelly

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site

+1
I don't have the flu, but I have not been able to breath out of my nose since before Christmas. Went to the good ole Dr., and his solution was a Z-Pak. Done with that (no help), and now I take a different Sinus product every week.

Good luck with the flu, and you are definitely not alone in the funk fight.

W

wrightme43

Whats the man flu Nelly?

All I know is I have had a fever for the past two days, muscle aches, cant breath thru my nose because of some sort of funktastic mung, and feel like total crap, and cant hardly talk.

W

wrightme43

+1
I don't have the flu, but I have not been able to breath out of my nose since before Christmas. Went to the good ole Dr., and his solution was a Z-Pak. Done with that (no help), and now I take a different Sinus product every week.

Good luck with the flu, and you are definitely not alone in the funk fight.

Damn dude, a thirty day sinus funk would stink.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't see the other posts Steve, this thread has got the flu to.

Nelly:spank::spank:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats the man flu Nelly?

All I know is I have had a fever for the past two days, muscle aches, cant breath thru my nose because of some sort of funktastic mung, and feel like total crap, and cant hardly talk.
Very bizarre, I can now see the responses,

In the UK (well in health care in the UK) the women have an expression where if a woman gets the Flu its just a cold and in a mans eyes and they need to just get on with it.
If a man gets a cold its always the Flu and men do a dying swan thing.

I always argue that if a woman caught "Man Flu" it would be a terminal event as they would not be manly enough to withstand it lol.

This obviously goes down like a burning Zeppelin:spank::spank::ban:.

Get better soon.

Nelly

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

LOL

Man I am a geek. Seriously. LOL I understand now. Just had never heard it put like that.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had it 3 weeks ago and was off work for a week. I feel much better now but am having problems shaking off the cough.

Steve

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Very bizarre, I can now see the responses,

In the UK (well in health care in the UK) the women have an expression where if a woman gets the Flu its just a cold and in a mans eyes and they need to just get on with it.
If a man gets a cold its always the Flu and men do a dying swan thing.

I always argue that if a woman caught "Man Flu" it would be a terminal event as they would not be manly enough to withstand it lol.

This obviously goes down like a burning Zeppelin:spank::spank::ban:.

Get better soon.

Nelly

Wow, here men tend to get really whiny when they are sick, and women work through it. Maybe 'cause we're tougher ;)

Seriously though, I just got over a stomach bug myself...still shaking the tiredness that came from it, and I had a moment of panic that in my inability to eat, I was hurting the baby, but everything seems to be doing fine now. I did get a flu shot this year, however, to thwart any serious illness, and I am very glad that I did. :)

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Had it a few weeks ago. Basically got three days off of work (first time called in SEVEN years) and was for two days. Not much fun.

Rik

Reaction score
Visit site
At least our health professionals now understand how truly devastating man flu can be:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OiyZyXel03Q"]YouTube - man flu[/ame]