The FZ Gets some love

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
After 26,000 miles of faithful service it was time to give my 06 FZ some love. We met in 08.

Fresh set of Pilot Road 2 CT tires. Also via ecudoc Supersprocx front and rear sprocket set along with a Gold DID X Ring chain. Nice stuff man. Via LUNA966 a complete SHAD 45 and Top Rack. Very nice. Found the SHAD and Supersprox set up on this board!!!

Had the valves checked as well. My mechanic almost laughed when I asked him to do the job. He said Yamaha has the best valves in the business period. I'll do it but Ill just be taking your money. I said do it and he said ok but they are good for 50,000 miles before they will need any adjustment. He was right they were fine cost me $320 and he did some other basic maintenance stuff lubed cables, sync throttle bodies, and recorded all my current valve settings.

End result my FZ6 is ready for another 26,000 miles. Now if I can just find a 07 + swingarm. Fantastic do it all machine.

1051190095_csTYm-L.jpg

1051191634_miynP-L.jpg

1051193608_uH2XS-L.jpg

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! It's very important to take care of our baby's! She looks brand new and the best color too. I too feel the same way about my FZ6. Great for everything. :rockon:

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That case is enormous, the bottom picture looks like your bike is falling over from the weight of the case.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I was especially appreciative of the valve report. (I had heard the same thing from my local dealer. He said when the time comes he can check them but they won't need anything! I think this speaks highly of Yamaha engineering)
Sharp bike! (The gold sprocket really sets it off)