The FZ6 is gone.......

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
.....and it's back to XT's! I love them.....had a lot of them over the years!

The Fazer was a great bike....but in the environment that I live, a big trailie is by far the best option.

Finding a good XT600 isn't easy these days....they were killed off by EU emissions regulations back in 2003.

But after much searching I found a clean original example from 2000 with 20K miles......all road!

xt6.jpg

Came with monorack and box, plus a Leo Vince X3 silencer (worth over $400).

xt7.jpg

Oil and filter done......along with air filter....just got to tidy up a few cosmetics now.

This is an example of the environment that I live in......so this type of bike is much more adaptable!

xt10.jpg

I'll still pop in and catch up with you guys from time to time though!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I've never tried a dedicated dirt bike, and am scared I'm a bit too old to start now; your locale looks just like Utah USA where I live.
Stay in touch! :thumbup:

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I've never tried a dedicated dirt bike, and am scared I'm a bit too old to start now; your locale looks just like Utah USA where I live.
Stay in touch! :thumbup:

It's more road based than trail Botch.....too heavy for serious dirt.

But I wouldn't let age put you off....I'm 60.....and I can tell you now that these things are far easier to ride than pure road bikes.

Lighter, smaller turning circle, wide upright bars with a high seating position......just seems more natural to me!

The only thing I'd say is it does help to be around the 6ft mark....or like me just under 6ft but with very long legs!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have one of those! Congratulations!

Always hang with us! :rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the seat height super tall? Nice find BTW!!..

My old KLR 250 wasn't bad, the KLR 650, WAY TOO TALL a seat height. Put on lowering, then your dragging parts, kick stand needs modification, jeez...

I wish they'd make new ones for folks that aren't 6'6"..

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the seat height super tall? Nice find BTW!!..

My old KLR 250 wasn't bad, the KLR 650, WAY TOO TALL a seat height. Put on lowering, then your dragging parts, kick stand needs modification, jeez...

I wish they'd make new ones for folks that aren't 6'6"..

I don't find it tall.....but it'll depend on the individual Scott!

I'm only average height of 5ft 11ins......but I have very long legs, and a very short body.

I've never yet found a bike I couldn't flatfoot from old Super Tenere's, GS's, to DRZ400's. Yet mates of mine who are much taller were really struggling on those bikes.

I've had a lot of XT's (hence the username) so it just feels normal to me.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't find it tall.....but it'll depend on the individual Scott!

I'm only average height of 5ft 11ins......but I have very long legs, and a very short body.

I've never yet found a bike I couldn't flatfoot from old Super Tenere's, GS's, to DRZ400's. Yet mates of mine who are much taller were really struggling on those bikes.

I've had a lot of XT's (hence the username) so it just feels normal to me.

Thanks.. I'm 5'8, 31" in seam, the DZ I'm tippy toe, KLR 650 the same, the last Honda enduro I sat on, couldn't even touch both toes, one foot half off the bike (sheesh!).

Anyway, nice find, I'd love the open woods to "off road on". Helps keep the skills up!

Grew up on Yamaha Enduros (a 1970 AT1 125 was my first motorcycle, POS, but I learned alot mechanically with it) when I was 15.

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks.. I'm 5'8, 31" in seam, the DZ I'm tippy toe, KLR 650 the same, the last Honda enduro I sat on, couldn't even touch both toes, one foot half off the bike (sheesh!).

Anyway, nice find, I'd love the open woods to "off road on". Helps keep the skills up!

Grew up on Yamaha Enduros (a 1970 AT1 125 was my first motorcycle, POS, but I learned alot mechanically with it) when I was 15.

Strange thing about the original XT600 is it's now starting to acquire a cult status like the Affy Twin!

Original, clean examples in the UK (difficult to find because of deterioration due to climate) are now going for much bigger money than a few years ago.....I saw a 5K miler 2003 up for 3K GBP on eBay recently!

That status hasn't reached Spain yet, but it's only a matter of time. In fact a mate of mine there has already said he'll come over to Spain to buy it off me when I sell it!