The FZ6 is no longer offered for 2010

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I just checked the site since it was Yamaha's release date, saw the bad news and came in to repeat it...
I can't beleive they killed it!!!! The perfect bike for general duty and it's gone... I can't beleive people think the FZ6R is a better bike... Yay for more plastic... NOT

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
I just checked the site since it was Yamaha's release date, saw the bad news and came in to repeat it...
I can't beleive they killed it!!!! The perfect bike for general duty and it's gone... I can't beleive people think the FZ6R is a better bike... Yay for more plastic... NOT

imagine how happy yamaha is though? a cheaper bike to make at almost the same price selling like hot cakes!

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
So it means this forum will slowly die away... that's sad.

I don't really think so Wavex, Kawasaki stopped making my bike in 2005, and if you head over to the ZRXOA Message Board, you will see what I mean. I believe the FZ6 has the same fallowing for what I have seen in the past year, that it would be highly unlikely it will die.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Naw, you're good to go. Japanese mfgs are great abut spare parts. You're good for the next 10 years or so.

Yeah,I was still getting NEW parts for my GPZ in the late 90's and it ended production in '87 !

There are plenty of mods in the pipeline too, especially if Europe and Asia still have the model.

I just checked the Oz Yamaha site and it's still there :cheer:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, personally I'm pissed (mad for you Euro guys...lol), but I'm not surprised. Face it, fellas. We've got a great bike and this just sealed the deal for me to keep it for as long as I can.

A member on another site offered to sell me his '06 FZ1 with 8k miles, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket rearsets, the works, for $5200. I was seriously thinking about it, but not now. I love my FZ6...and now I don't ever want to get rid of it.

Stupid American riders (and I can say that because I'm one of them). If you want plastics, go get a damn SS bike. You're falling for the biggest trick in the book...buying an inferior bike in the FZ6R for (now) more than an FZ6 cost, and for what? A full fairing??? Dumbasses.

Did anyone notice the MSRP on the '10 FZ6R??? $7300-$7500??? WHAT??? That's insane!

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Yamaha had the option of adding a full fairing to the FZ6, but instead they replaced it with a less powerful bike, the FZ6R. Now why would they do such a thing?

2. Yamaha likely wanted to offer more differentiation between the FZ6(R) and R6. The FZ6 is capable of pulling some prospective R6 owners, whereas the FZ6R is further from being a perfomance bike and closer to being a beginner bike.

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
My guess is Yamaha has thinned down the lineup to cope with the bad economy. Guess I'll hold onto my 09 until the government comes out with the cash-for-FZ6s program. :D

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Yamaha had the option of adding a full fairing to the FZ6, but instead they replaced it with a less powerful bike, the FZ6R. Now why would they do such a thing?

2. Yamaha likely wanted to offer more differentiation between the FZ6(R) and R6. The FZ6 is capable of pulling some prospective R6 owners, whereas the FZ6R is further from being a perfomance bike and closer to being a beginner bike.

the fz6 doesnt steal sales from the r6! and if it did i dont think theyd care being its still there product. the 6r is a cheaper bike to make ad has the looks americans want. americans are also lazy and most dont research before they buy. i mean seriously, havent u seen people that think its an upgrade to the fz because it has the "R" in the name?

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

They're targeting new riders hoping that they'll get tired of the FZ6R faster and get a R1. The FZ6 owners who are very few here in the US and Canada are keeping the bike for way too long. lol

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe in a few years our bikes will actually be more valuable. You figure there will be alot of people out there who will want a powerful bike but not the R6 configuration, and lament on how Yamaha used to make the FZ6, the perfect all arounder. The older FZ6's will become a hot item in that market.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well.....I guess I can't say I'm surprised. The FZ6 never sold well around here (midwest) and it's pretty much at the end of a design cycle for this type of bike. It's hard not to take it personally though, since the market has rejected a bike that we all know to be reliable, fun, and an chronic overachiever.

I really can't fault Yamaha either. They took a great platform, improved on it, loaded it with a lot of useful technology and ergos, sold it for a very reasonable price, and it still didn't sell well. At least they had the guts to bring it to North America (unlike Honda, which doesn't even sell a decent 'standard' in the US). Now we're stuck with an inferior bike at a higher price. If I had to give up my FZ6 I'd probably get a Bandit or a V-Strom.

I'm bummed, but I never bought this bike because it was the most popular machine around. Now it will simply be even less popular I guess.

We have a great thing going. Let's keep it up!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont worry peole...am guessing that Yamaha is just clearing the way to release the FZ8! More grunt, updated bodywork, suspension, etc...

that's my guess anyway...and i reckon i aint far off the mark! :rockon: