The FZ6 is no longer offered for 2010

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
The hand writting has been on the wall for a long time.

In the US Yamaha offers six, count them, six "sport" bikes and 22 cruisers.

Heck mighty Honda only has seven sporty bikes. They came out with an OCC rip-off this year.

Face the music, 'Marcans be dumb and in the US motorcycles are toys.

100% right

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it means this forum will slowly die away... that's sad.

Unless of course we expand the forum to include other bikes. I think the "mixture" is what make our forum a success, not the bike.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless of course we expand the forum to include other bikes. I think the "mixture" is what make our forum a success, not the bike.
This is a very good point...I still have plenty of life left in my fizzer,but I don't ever talk about it on here anyway!! LOL i'm full of useless info!! :spank: I am sad to the fizzer fade away,maybe they will green light the Fz8....:D

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
well, that just confirms that the FZ1 is the way to go from now on...

Am I the only one who really dislikes the headlights on the FZ1, especially when compared to the FZ6? I love the FZ1 in every other regard, but the FZ6's look so much sportier, while the FZ1's are firmly in the touring category, to me.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who really dislikes the headlights on the FZ1, especially when compared to the FZ6? I love the FZ1 in every other regard, but the FZ6's look so much sportier, while the FZ1's are firmly in the touring category, to me.

I can't even focus on the FZ1 headlights when that Howitzer of an exhaust is in view.

I bought an '08 FZ6 this Summer. The dealer had 5 2008s still in stock, an no '09s, before they dropped the price by $1,500. That, and the new FZ6R, told me this model was doomed. I still snapped it up and don't regret it at all.

Tim

Last edited:

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site

yeah the fz1 looks hot everywhere except the headlights and that HUGE exhaust!!!! whyyyy...... lol

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the FZ1 headlights look better when it has a copperdawg windscreen, although they are still a little big for my liking.

Face001.jpg

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that totally sux ... I know most would advice against it but I do feel the FZ6 is a great first bike (especially for taller guys and there's no way you can compare FZ6R ergos with FZ6). Letting the FZ6 go is just sad ...

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that totally sux ... I know most would advice against it but I do feel the FZ6 is a great first bike (especially for taller guys and there's no way you can compare FZ6R ergos with FZ6). Letting the FZ6 go is just sad ...

well us americans once again killed off another naked bike. these types of bikes are the best all 'rounders there are in my opinion, u can tourer, cruise, or haul butt and still be comfortable doing it all. o well.... hopefully if honda brings the cb1000r over that it sticks, but i doubt it

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it means this forum will slowly die away... that's sad.

No way.. we will just change it to Sportbike-forums.com of sportbikes.ms and continue the takeover of the "other site":cheer:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who really dislikes the headlights on the FZ1, especially when compared to the FZ6?

Who cares about the headlights? Make it nekkid and it's a beaute.

That's a pretty good replacement for the 6.

Yamaha-Abarth-01.jpg

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sooo lame... but not supprised.. yamaha seems to give us the shaft on alot of their "other" bikes.. no offense to the people that like/own the fz1, but i dont want a liter bike. i dont want to pay the insurance of really have a need for liter power.. and thats it.. not going to buy a fz6r for less power and less (imo) of a bike.... I read above that yamaha offers 7 sport bikes. if you keep out the liters that kills the: r1, fz1, fjr. then they have 2 r6's (old version and new right)... that leaves the fz6r and the fz6.. dont have to be fortune reader to figure out that one... I just looked at the site and it seems pretty sad that there is no middle bike between a fz6r and the fz1.. please please fz8

i saw pictures of the cb1000 from honda.. if they came out (and hopefully they will) a 600 version, i'll be all over it.. if i sell my fz :)

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 09 fz6 in June an have no regrets. It seems to be the perfect bike for me.

My only concern regarding this news is the possible increase in maintenence and cost of parts, and a lack of availability of mods.

Scorp

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 09 fz6 in June an have no regrets. It seems to be the perfect bike for me.

My only concern regarding this news is the possible increase in maintenence and cost of parts, and a lack of availability of mods.

Scorp

Naw, you're good to go. Japanese mfgs are great abut spare parts. You're good for the next 10 years or so.

There are plenty of mods in the pipeline too, especially if Europe and Asia still have the model.