~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 55786

In the past few weeks I bought a Cee Bailey 24-inch windscreen and Cortech Saddlebags. I already had the tank and tail bag. I also put a pair of Grip Puppies on. Happy with all the accessories so far. Getting set up to take a few longer runs.

This is a 2007 that I bought about a year ago with only 700 miles on it. It has about 5,000 now. New tires are next (due to age), then a new seat.

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 55788

Also bought $4,000 worth of veterinarian services over the past 15 days, including surgery to remove the squeaky from a pet toy out of this dumb-dumb's gullet. I am leaving to pick her up from the ER this afternoon. She went almost 2 weeks without eating and lost 12 pounds in the 14 days it took to figure out what was wrong with her. Oh yea, I also bought $150 in carpet cleaning services after she projectile vomited all over the living room. But just look at that face.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 55788

Also bought $4,000 worth of veterinarian services over the past 15 days, including surgery to remove the squeaky from a pet toy out of this dumb-dumb's gullet. I am leaving to pick her up from the ER this afternoon. She went almost 2 weeks without eating and lost 12 pounds in the 14 days it took to figure out what was wrong with her. Oh yea, I also bought $150 in carpet cleaning services after she projectile vomited all over the living room. But just look at that face.

Thanks for Going the Distance! She/He will likely return to you "unconditional love" until the end!

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
Cats can be that way, can't they? She is home with the "Cone of Shame" on. We are fortunate we were able to go the distance. I feel for people that have to make hard decisions due to circumstances and finances.

Happy New Year. We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As promised... S1 bits...
attachment.php

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, My name is FLPicker, and I am an addict. Ok, perhaps I am just in purchase mode right now. The next step in touring set up - Ram Mount for the GPS. Puts the GPS nicely dead center over the tank bag.

I ran my battery tender lead run up to the fairing and clipped it in the little bracket that the throttle cable runs through. I have an 12 volt adaptor with an extension cord that has the battery tender plug on one end and accepts the charger for the GPS (and my phone) on the other. I just run the extension up to my tank bag, place all the loose wire in the bag, then run it out to the GPS.

RAM Mount makes nice stuff. I used it for the first time this weekend and it worked out perfectly.

View attachment 55828

View attachment 55829

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
As promised, new set of Michelin PR4s. These replace the factory treads that were on it. The bike is a 2007 that I bought last year with only 700 miles on it. I could only conclude they were factory originals. The tires only had 5,500 miles on them, but I replaced them due to age and because they were starting to get a little squared off. Still had a load of tread.

I did the roundtrip from Tampa to Daytona on them this week and I must say I like them. The difference is certainly noticeable in turns. Next up, Corbin seat. I placed an order at the store in Ormond beach. They were doing 10-percent off during bike week. Plus no shipping fees. Should be here in a few weeks. :D

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my winter hoard. Still need to get the the risers, rim tape, motodynamic taillight and potentially a different wind guard.

1. Fly Racing FL-2 Gloves
2. Mothers chrome polish for those headers and Townsend's helmet lock bracket (lock mechanism is en route)
3. OES Frame Sliders.
4. BD43's dual headlight mod connector
5. Fly Racing Fifty 5 Jacket

I got the fly stuff at 60% off through a friend which was pretty awesome..

Last edited:

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I am done for a looooong time. Corbin seat arrived. First 50 miles felt hard, slippery, oddly shaped. Had I not read numerous reviews, I would have been disappointed in my purchase. A little Lexol leather treatment took some of the slickness off and it is already conforming a little. I think it will be a good seat when it breaks in.

So that is it for a while. I am tour ready. My last day at my current job is Friday, then 3 weeks off before the new job. 1 week will be spent in NC riding. WooHoo!

Last edited:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I am done for a looooong time. Corbin seat arrived. First 50 miles felt hard, slippery, oddly shaped. Had I not read numerous reviews, I would have been disappointed in my purchase. A little Lexol leather treatment took some of the slickness off and it is already conforming a little. I think it will be a good seat when it breaks in.

So that is it for a while. I am tour ready. My last day at my current job is Friday, then 3 weeks off before the new job. 1 week will be spent in NC riding. WooHoo!

Silly boy, don't you know that the motorcycle is only the down payment for all the accessories. You are never done. lol

Congrats on the new job! Enjoy your week of touring. I'm jealous.
Make sure to post up a ride report with pics.

P.S. The fly screen for my new Trimph Street Triple came in yesterday. I hope to pick it up today and install tonight. I'll post pics when it gets done.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
08FZ6/3200Miles stock with some goodies..!
Purchased on March 29th, 15.

Still working on bonding with the bike and make it a part of me..!Blah

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
Handle bar risers! Lost of one those caps in the frame of the bike..whoops. And some new shoes. Should feel nice after riding on the original tires.

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
08FZ6/3200Miles stock with some goodies..!
Purchased on March 29th, 15.

Still working on bonding with the bike and make it a part of me..!Blah

Curious how much you paid for it. I am looking at a 2009 with similar mileage, perfect condition for 4000 and can't decide whether to pull the trigger or if it isn't a great deal. Looking to update my 2006.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Curious how much you paid for it. I am looking at a 2009 with similar mileage, perfect condition for 4000 and can't decide whether to pull the trigger or if it isn't a great deal. Looking to update my 2006.

09FZ6? how many miles?
any mods?
did you try NADA..!

I got it for 3400+dmv etc.
The owner is good, he got it inspected in Feb, 2015, a month before I purchased. He changed to brand new front tire, but stock rear, so planning to change once the summer is over, battery tender, cortech micro 2.0 tank bag, two helmets, two jackets..!

I was just lucky at that time, couldn't find that great deal again online.
I saw some FZ8 2011+ for 5k, looks pretty good, but 12k miles.

Knock on wood, hope i'll be safe..!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
There are 3700 miles on it and no mods except for a painted windscreen. Unfortunately I think it is original tires.

I have a stock rear tire, on a 2nd gear with 4-5k rpm, the wheel skid in rain, i also fell, i know so stupid of me to do that.
So, planning to change them after summer.
It has a lot of tread, but the life is like 7 yrs, so not worth keeping as others suggest in this forum..!

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
Silly boy, don't you know that the motorcycle is only the down payment for all the accessories. You are never done. lol

P.S. The fly screen for my new Trimph Street Triple came in yesterday. I hope to pick it up today and install tonight. I'll post pics when it gets done.

Thanks, and oh how right you are. Please excuse the non-recent purchase content of this post. I will get there.

So.....I had to bag the trip to NC because of it was going to rain all week. I used to live in Arizona, so I booked a last minute flight to AZ with the idea of renting a bike for a few days while I was there and also spending a few days visiting friends.

I have been looking at the BW R1200R as my next bike, so I rented the closest thing I could get. A 1200GS. As requested, here are a couple of pictures. I did a solo 800 mile loop over 3 days. It went from Phoenix, east to the devils highway, north up to the mountains and Flagstaff (an hour or so south of the Grand Canyon) than back south through Sedona to Phoenix. It was a glorious 3 days and the 2014 GS was really an awesome bike for the trip.

So, now the recent purchase content.

Several months ago I was with a friend when he was getting his bike serviced at our local EuroCycle dealer. A woman was there on a 2012 BMW R1200R that was pristine. We spoke a bit and after she left I reminded the dealer that she had the exact bike I wanted and he should try to find me one (they are hard to come by). He told me she was considering a trade-in for a new r1200RS and I got way excited. Perhaps I could buy that exact bike. But I soon found out she already had plans for it. Oh well.

Fast forward 4 months and I am at my nearby Honda dealer. Voila', there sits the exact bike. I told the guy that I recognized the bike and had met the owner at the BMW dealer. He told me she had decided on a VFR instead and had just traded it in days before. So.......... After just completely outfitting my FZ6, and a year of looking at the R1200R, I bought a new bike. So it goes. I got a great deal on an awesome bike and I am happy. BUT...... I also just watched my FZ6 leave my driveway for good with a stranger on it. Upside is he was a really nice guy and he really was excited to get it. The circle of life.

I hope you don't mind a beemer snob continuing to hang around. I like it here.

Last edited:

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks, and oh how right you are. Please excuse the non-recent purchase content of this post. I will get there.

So.....I had to bag the trip to NC because of it was going to rain all week. I used to live in Arizona, so I booked a last minute flight to AZ with the idea of renting a bike for a few days while I was there and also spending a few days visiting friends.

I have been looking at the BW R1200R as my next bike, so I rented the closest thing I could get. A 1200GS. As requested, here are a couple of pictures. I did a solo 800 mile loop over 3 days. It went from Phoenix, east to the devils highway, north up to the mountains and Flagstaff (an hour or so south of the Grand Canyon) than back south through Sedona to Phoenix. It was a glorious 3 days and the 2014 GS was really an awesome bike for the trip.

So, now the recent purchase content.

Several months ago I was with a friend when he was getting his bike serviced at our local EuroCycle dealer. A woman was there on a 2012 BMW R1200R that was pristine. We spoke a bit and after she left I reminded the dealer that she had the exact bike I wanted and he should try to find me one (they are hard to come by). He told me she was considering a trade-in for a new r1200RS and I got way excited. Perhaps I could buy that exact bike. But I soon found out she already had plans for it. Oh well.

Fast forward 4 months and I am at my nearby Honda dealer. Voila', there sits the exact bike. He told me she decided on a VFR instead and had just traded it in days before. So.......... After just completely outfitting my FZ6, I bought a new bike. So it goes. I got a great deal on an awesome bike and I am happy. BUT...... I also just watched my FZ6 leave my driveway for good with a stranger on it. Upside is he was a really nice guy and he really was excited to get it. The circle of life.

I hope you don't mind a beemer snob continuing to hang around. I like it here.