~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics and great ride report. My hubby is working in Dallas /Fort Worth for 3 weeks right now. Tomorrow is my last day of school! Come on summer break. I was thinking I could fly to see him & bring our gear to rent bikes & ride but his company is paying for him to fly home one weekend so I guess we will have to ride our own when he's home. Lol.

Enjoy your new BMW. Looks sweet. I was sad too when my FZ6 rode away with someone else on it. To make matters worse, she friended me on Facebook. Now I get to see my FZ going on rides without me. Lol

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its been a while.....

Dunlop Q3
Yamaha LED run and blinkers front and rear.
Fork oil
Brake fluid
Coolant....

Getting ready for 2017!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! ^^^^
Looks like the bike has some upgrades you'll enjoy! :thumbup:
Don't hold back and get some proper riding gear too!

Anthony.94

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike got leo vince exhaust, heated touring seat, heated grips. Waiting to hear back from dev_usc for a price on the VS01 or VS02 kit! Cant wait for the weather to warm up! As for the gear, I got motorcycle boots, just need to get a good pair of pants haha

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
New front and rear BT023 tires.
Oil and filter
Tank top snakeskin pad and knee grip pads
Iridium plugs
Rim stickers

Finally barely used Corbin Gunfighter/Lady seat with backrest. Scores for $280 shipped of my door!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got the bike out after last week's April Fool's snow storm. Installed tank grips and new Corbin seat!
ff40461502c48fd0f1c9a82ab3721585.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, finally did the 2 Bros exhaust. Been wanting to for a long time now. Look and sound great, and with a little modification, the tail tidy works great as well.

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

Full Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a first gen OGIO no drag in pretty good shape. It didn't come with the original helmet hood.
IMG_20170507_132703.jpg IMG_20170507_125713.jpg

Then...
...while watching the Sens hold on and come back to take the Rangers in OT :thumbup:..
...I sewed on a few extra buckles and made a helmet carry strap.
IMG_20170507_125807.jpg

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! I've been thinking about getting some "soft luggage" since taking off the GIVI rack (although I still us it, it's just not always connected).

And I just realized, I never responded Scott...oh yeah I've been riding the h$&@ out of it!! Alum bars still on, still feel the road a bit more than steel, but hey I love them and it's fine...The 2 Bros just made such a huge difference...

so in all fairness, this IS the new purchase for your FZ6 thread, so I present the reason I've been absent for the past 3 weeks:IMG_2876.jpg

YEAH! How's that for cool stuff for your bike? He he he...Bar ends, sprockets, new axle to make the R6 fork mod go all the way through...whatever, now I can do it. South Bend, 9"x3ft, pieces ranging from pre 1914 to around 1936...

Ill be posting more as I get it going, new thread, going to be making a lot of things with this girl!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the metal lathe comes in handy.

I have a very old SEARS metal lathe, a bit smaller than yours.

I've replaced the original motor sometime ago, parts are non-existent..

Where are you getting your cutting bits from? The bit's are square, maybe close to 3/4" (just an angled head-90 degrees)..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! I've been thinking about getting some "soft luggage" since taking off the GIVI rack (although I still us it, it's just not always connected).

And I just realized, I never responded Scott...oh yeah I've been riding the h$&@ out of it!! Alum bars still on, still feel the road a bit more than steel, but hey I love them and it's fine...The 2 Bros just made such a huge difference...

so in all fairness, this IS the new purchase for your FZ6 thread, so I present the reason I've been absent for the past 3 weeks

YEAH! How's that for cool stuff for your bike? He he he...Bar ends, sprockets, new axle to make the R6 fork mod go all the way through...whatever, now I can do it. South Bend, 9"x3ft, pieces ranging from pre 1914 to around 1936...

Ill be posting more as I get it going, new thread, going to be making a lot of things with this girl!

We used to have a rule in the shop. If you took your hand off the chuck key while it was still in the chuck you got fined. LOL!

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
He He...I have that same rule for myself...

Bits are 1/4-1/2" HSS. I grind them myself, depending on the need. In the process of finishing my first radius turning tool prototype. Then I can make balls, handles, things bikes like :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bits are 1/4-1/2" HSS. I grind them myself, depending on the need. In the process of finishing my first radius turning tool prototype. Then I can make balls, handles, things bikes like :)

The bits I have have a hardened tip attached to it. I can easily grind them sharp.

Is there a place your purchasing (purchased), the bit with the hardened, cutting tip attached?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bits I have have a hardened tip attached to it. I can easily grind them sharp.

Is there a place your purchasing (purchased), the bit with the hardened, cutting tip attached?

Are you talking about carbide tipped lathe bits? There are a few at this link: https://www.grainger.com/category/ecatalog/N-1z0dnr5 Pretty hard to sharpen carbide without destroying a sharpening wheel unless it is a diamond wheel. We used to use a composite rubber and diamond wheel to dress our carbide. :)