~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my first Schuberth S2 at the Motorcycle Superstore in Louisville. Wasn't planning on a Schuberth but they were marked down 50% so.... Anyway, I'm hoping they are as quiet and nice as I've heard. It seems pretty nice but I'm coming from a crappy old Vega so I'm betting anything is nice by comparison.

Also picked up a Motocentric tank bag, Motocentric Tail Roll Bag, Renthal Medium Bars, and some off-brand cold weather gloves. I like the place. My wallet doesn't but....

View attachment 52198

Last edited:

FZSizzle

Reaction score
Visit site

I think I love her

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bought PR 4's for the bike yesterday :cheer: I'm curious if they'll last longer than my PR3's (as michelin says) and how well they'll do in the motorrad tyre test this year.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought these :cheer:

52019d1392013259-recent-purchase-thread-photo.jpg

You get this installed?? Also if your plate ends all springy/bouncy a large gauge wire from under the seat to the plate really helps.

I say this as the supplied bracket looks allot like the Two Bro unit and it bounces..

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a pair of these things, are they are pretty awesome. Heated overgrips, so I don't have to have the heated grips year round. They only have an on/off position and at 40 degrees they honestly get a little bit too warm with my winter gloves.

oxford_hot_hands_detail.jpg

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
PCIII, black foot pegs, grips and K&N air filter.

K&N was on sale through Amazon for 42.xx, couldn't pass it up.

iwannaride

Reaction score
Visit site
Case of Royal Purple 10w40, K&N oil filter, adjustable levers, new foot pegs, new battery, fender eliminator, 12v adapter, and VS02 headlight kit. All money well spent. I CANNOT WAIT for riding season! Blah

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
52019d1392013259-recent-purchase-thread-photo.jpg

You get this installed?? Also if your plate ends all springy/bouncy a large gauge wire from under the seat to the plate really helps.

I say this as the supplied bracket looks allot like the Two Bro unit and it bounces..

Sure did mate, the bracket seems to be pretty firm :thumbup:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Manual cam chain tensioner. I don't remember reading anything in the forums that said how much of a PITA this is to change with the bikes tool kit.

For anyone that wants a laugh....

After fiddling around with the screws blindly (because you can't really see them or reach them with the factory allen) and getting MCCT swapped, I sat and stared at it for a while in case it destroyed my engine. I think hit the starter and it started beautifully. At this point, I started second guessing myself. So, I shut it off, loosened the tensioner a bit, and fired it back up. Marbles in a can.... I panicked, shut it off, re-tightened it, and fired it back up. Marbles gone. Sounds great.

After all of that, I can't remember what it sounded like before but I "think" I've improved it. If not, I'm sure I'll find out the hard way.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Manual cam chain tensioner. I don't remember reading anything in the forums that said how much of a PITA this is to change with the bikes tool kit.

For anyone that wants a laugh....

After fiddling around with the screws blindly (because you can't really see them or reach them with the factory allen) and getting MCCT swapped, I sat and stared at it for a while in case it destroyed my engine. I think hit the starter and it started beautifully. At this point, I started second guessing myself. So, I shut it off, loosened the tensioner a bit, and fired it back up. Marbles in a can.... I panicked, shut it off, re-tightened it, and fired it back up. Marbles gone. Sounds great.

After all of that, I can't remember what it sounded like before but I "think" I've improved it. If not, I'm sure I'll find out the hard way.

Sounds stressful. There are videos that can be helpful.
- Idle speed should not have changed from install. If its lower, it may be too tight. Back it off a 1/4 turn at a time. You can do this while running. Same with tightening it. If the engine begins to slow, its too tight. Just take your time and be patient and listen. Use a wooden dowel to the block and your ear. You'll hear what's going on inside better.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Random bump!
Anyone buy anything for Christmas or Just because???

I have some headers on the way - S1 parts for the S2 bike!

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last month I got a set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires for only $189.98! I must admit that I'm only now getting them mounted. :spank: