~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up an 08 with low low miles, can't wait for the weather to warm up to really put some miles on her. Glad to have joined the FZ6 riders.

Congrads! Enjoy the new bike!
Ps read up on Chain Adjustment, that looks very tight. If the gear box has a whine, thats why!

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrads! Enjoy the new bike!
Ps read up on Chain Adjustment, that looks very tight. If the gear box has a whine, thats why!

It's barely been broken in, I checked the chain and It seemed to deflect easy enough I could almost push it against the lower chain guard, but Ill check the manual on that. thanks for the advise, my first true sporty so I'll be reading searching the forum!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's barely been broken in, I checked the chain and It seemed to deflect easy enough I could almost push it against the lower chain guard, but Ill check the manual on that. thanks for the advise, my first true sporty so I'll be reading searching the forum!

FWIW: it will be happier on the Looser side of the spec. Pretty much anyone who thought they were doing it justice by taking the slack out - setting to the tighter side, was blessed with a whine from the gear box. Its not a piano string! Be safe and grab the best gear you can afford!

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't base any weight of my decision on the looks of tread, however I must say the pattern does look sweet on there. So I guess it was all a bonus.

gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Got this 04 FZ6 3 weeks ago... it looked like this. Former owner shaved and redo seats. It lowers the seat by 1.5"

After a nice wash and waxing... put a new PUIG screen and seats redone to my likings.:D

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought this --> Yamaha FZS600 FZ6 2007 2009 Puig Racing Series Sport Dark Smoke Windscreen 4366F | eBay

Been going back and forth looking over the forum about which windscreen to buy.. This looked like a great deal, so I snagged it up.. Not bad for $59 all in..

$_57.JPG

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
I also ordered one of these.. SupaBrake motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec

sb-ia__70380.1353029087.1280.1280.jpg

Weather is cruddy here in Missouri and all I have been doing is getting new stuff for the bike.. Boredom is getting expensive..

Also got this -->[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KOKPO6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KOKPO6[/ame]

And this --> [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VY0P0I]Pro Grip Wheel Detailing Tape - Reflective Blue : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Next is tires. I have original tires on my 2008 with 2700 miles (Date code on tires of 1008).. If I don't get busy doing something today, will end up buying a set today also!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool☑️✔️☑️✔️☑️✔️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk