These came in the mail yesterday!

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
From the Iron Butt Association......These are for a ride I did with Steve 'Bigdog' in May of this year (he rode a Triumph Tiger).

BB1500 (1500 miles in under 36 hours). This is my second Iron Butt ride on an FZ6 (last one was a SS1000 in August 2008 - also on my FZ6).
09IBA_BB1500.jpg

This one is for the first 1000 mile portion of the ride. It's typically bad form to get two certificates for the same ride (in some cases it's not allowed), but we weren't sure we'd get the 1500 so we did a SS1000 during the first 24h just to be safe. I sent in documentation for both rides and both were certified.
09IBA_SS1000.jpg

Next? This winter I'm getting a custom seat made by Russell Day-long saddles. Then the sky's the limit! Mind you, this stuff is NOTHING compared to what the really hard-core Iron Butt riders do all the time, but I'm working up to longer rides and I'm convinced the FZ6 is capable of anything. Since May I've also done a 1500 mile trip to Kansas City on the bike and in a couple of weeks I'm off on a 3000 mile ride to James Bay, Canada.

Steve and I are thinking about doing another SS1000 around Lake Michigan this fall if anyone is interested.

JJP XX

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the SS and BB!

While the ride is very physical, the challenge is in your mind and you overcame those challenges very well. Congrats!

:)

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure on how i missed this when u posted it D, i will post up mine when i get it. getting ecited about the ride this fall.. so far a count 4 of us (that i know of) should be a blast, and a much easier ride. you also have email about the seat. and i may be able to get a loner seat to use while we send off for the others too, i will have to check with the guy, when i find out i will let you know.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Very nice D-Mac. Well done. Thanks for posting those, now I can make some in PowerPoint because I know I can't do that.

What do you consider a longer ride, 2000 miles?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post a "How To" to get certified?

Possibly a link to the site and what you need to provide as far as proof, routing, etc?

I may try this at the end of the summer.

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
I was impressed, then I realized it was in miles not kilometers. Then I was really impressed.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your SS and BB. Can't imagine doing those on a FZ, as an old guy I 'll stick with my FJR for the serious distance stuff.

Won't be long and I will read of your 50cc:)

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. I'm hoping to make a trip from Alabama to California sometime. What mods do you have on your bike to take this trip?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I was impressed, then I realized it was in miles not kilometers. Then I was really impressed.

belive me it was miles, it was definatly miles!!

vegas check out the link that lonesolder put up, this is the offical site for them

here is the story on the ride that got d-mac (and as soon as i sent them out mine as well)
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/15865-iron-butt-story.html

and i think that dean would agree that we both considered this a LONG trip!!!

bmc, we only did the bb not the bbg. (unless you talking about the guy in the other thread in which case for get i said anything.)

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
belive me it was miles, it was definatly miles!!

vegas check out the link that lonesolder put up, this is the offical site for them

here is the story on the ride that got d-mac (and as soon as i sent them out mine as well)
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/15865-iron-butt-story.html

and i think that dean would agree that we both considered this a LONG trip!!!

bmc, we only did the bb not the bbg. (unless you talking about the guy in the other thread in which case for get i said anything.)

Im sorry, I thought it was a BBG on that certificate. Oops.

Hopefully I will be getting my SS in before too long. Dad and I were planning on doing the regional one that started in Charlotte on the 27th. However, we had a family reunion that was planned for that weekend so we were un able to attend. When ever we make our stab at it, we will more than likely run the route the did since we know it is an approved route.

-bryan