Things that are Gone but not forgotten

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Things that are Gone but not forgotten. . . Post a short story about the value it had to you and a picture or two. . .

Between 15 and 24 I had one car. Upon laying the old Chevy to rest, I picked up a Ford. I had this car for 24 years and we had some stories to tell over those years. Life happened and she's gone now but she went to Universal Studios to be in in the Fast and Furious 4. Sadly they change the color and she was supposed to live a long happy life after the movie but got destroyed. The Producer made a deal with me that he'd keep it as his own as the car was very rare and give me the option to buy it back but that never happened. :(

There is so much more to tell. Did I mentioned I traded a motorcycle for this car? Ya, less engine and trans but that's how I got it.

Things that are Gone but not forgotten. . .

73 Gran Torino Sport, 351 Clevland, 4brl, 4bolt main, 4spd, Posi - 3.50 gears. The good ol days. . . .
IMG_6332.jpg

Finally found the old link. . . it was one of three fastbacks with a Factory 4speed and the best shape of the 3 including what Edmunds claims was a factory 427 which Ford never made in 73 (its a 429!)
http://www.insideline.com/ford/gran...rious-cars-1972-ford-gran-torino-gallery.html

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Well there's several but having to only choose one I have this:

It was Christmas Day, 1974. I got my first bicycle and the biggest thrill for me was the "gas tank" it had. For a kid I thought it made it look like a motorcycle! Little did I know that it would take another 36 years to actually get a motorcycle. I was 5 years old and on top of the world.

Christmas1974.jpg

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
No pictures but when i had a big wheel when i was little i felt like a race car driver. Drifting around corners and going as fast as my legs would go. Braking into corners and accelerating out while the wheel spun because it was cracked in the middle and had no more traction. Those were the good old days for me :). And my Atari 6400 haha

D

Dave.TX

And my Atari 6400 haha

When my parents got my brother and I the original Atari we had it hooked up to a 13" black and white TV and played the heck out of it! I guess it was late 70's, later called Atari 2600. We had Combat, Space Invaders and Asteroids. Our friends had more and "better" games they rarely let us borrow.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No story, no pics, but three things I miss very much:

The Far Side
Bloom County
Calvin & Hobbes...

:(

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I tripped over this 1978 Series 1 Lotus Esprit sitting in a garage right in my home town of Temple Terrace back around 2001, although not in this condition, and bought it for a restoration project. This is the end result. Lots of work went into it. Ever worked on old British Lucas electronics? What a pain. I finally ended up rebuilding the whole harness. The U.S. version of this car sported a 2.0 liter, 140 hp in-line four, but I was able to track down the euro intake and a set of Dellortos to kick it up to the higher 160 hp Euro standard. It weighed in at 1,900 pounds, dry and had dual fuel tanks, one on each side.

Very cool exotic. This was the car (not this exact one) that James Bond drove off the pier in The Spy Who Loved Me and it turned into a submarine. I sold it a couple years ago and to this day don’t know why I did that. It hardly took up any room.

10LeftFrontCorner.jpg

20LeftSideFullview.jpg

70DriversSide2.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well there's several but having to only choose one I have this:

It was Christmas Day, 1974. I got my first bicycle and the biggest thrill for me was the "gas tank" it had. For a kid I thought it made it look like a motorcycle! Little did I know that it would take another 36 years to actually get a motorcycle. I was 5 years old and on top of the world.

Christmas1974.jpg

If you look at Dave on the right in this pic. you can see he still looks the same!! :D
Canon%2520040.jpg