Reaction score
Visit site
what do you guys think of this
DSCN6850web.jpg

here's the site for the risers LSL Superbike Handlebar Kits

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
well im thinking of selling the fz6 next year and get a 06 r1 and raise the handlebars so i can tour with it , it would be like having a fz1 but twice as good
:ban:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
You should talk to Motogiru about it. He had one after having an FZ6. I think it's a hard transition to make into that bike. Amazing bike either way, just be very careful. When that bike bites, it bites hard.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You should talk to Motogiru about it. He had one after having an FZ6. I think it's a hard transition to make into that bike. Amazing bike either way, just be very careful. When that bike bites, it bites hard.

Yes it depends on the rider. I've ridden bigger torque motorcycles before the FZ6 so it wasn't that big a surprise to have more motor. In fact I would say the previous generation R1 won't pull at the bottom like the 09 and later R1 with the cross-plane crank. The new gen motors are for a better word, just plain sick. The synergy of the later generation R1's make it easier to ride in my opinion. Again it's the rider....and recognizing you're dealing with a different geometry. The other factor, insurance. Any bike twith an 'R' in the name is more insurance

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it depends on the rider. I've ridden bigger torque motorcycles before the FZ6 so it wasn't that big a surprise to have more motor. In fact I would say the previous generation R1 won't pull at the bottom like the 09 and later R1 with the cross-plane crank. The new gen motors are for a better word, just plain sick. The synergy of the later generation R1's make it easier to ride in my opinion. Again it's the rider....and recognizing you're dealing with a different geometry. The other factor, insurance. Any bike twith an 'R' in the name is more insurance

All R models except my Street Triple R :cheer:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i have to wonder what those ergos feel like? Good? I dont know. Feet further back and sitting upright cant be comfy. More torque on the knees and lower back. Ug. The factory designers really do know what they're doing with ergo's of bikes.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i have to wonder what those ergos feel like? Good? I dont know. Feet further back and sitting upright cant be comfy. More torque on the knees and lower back. Ug. The factory designers really do know what they're doing with ergo's of bikes.

The bike pictured in the OP's post is modified. Paint is a 2010 model R1. Rear-sets aren't stock and of course the handle bars are not the stock clips. On the stock R1 you ride more forward.
It has a lot to do with your physique and also how you acclimate to different positions. I found the R1 comfortable and a lot depended on tricks I learned from other sport bike riders. Even if you're older you may enjoy riding a super sport. The most discomfort I experienced was when on long straight stretches. That's where I would seem to get antsy and more uncomfortable.
We all have different body dimensions, builds and physical makeup. I rode a Yamaha Stratoliner yesterday and find the body position very uncomfortable :eek: because it's not my normal body position and I feel unsure in that position because my body doesn't interact the same as a sport bike.

ghostrider951

Reaction score
Visit site
i have ridden a 2010 bmw s1000r, 2010 zx10 , 07 gsxr 600, and 03 cbr 600, and all i can say is that they are ridiculously uncomfortable compared to my fz6, but however the performance of the supersports are badass. I plan on keeping the fz6 for commuting and buying a zx10 in the future

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
after 4 years with the fz6 i have the zx6r for like 3 months and just yesterday rode my friend's fz6 (08) again it felt like a toy! i'd say like my lil girl's threecycle! he couldn't follow me with the zx on the twists though (he is a really really new rider)