Thinking about buying a FZ6

Grothe1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone! My name is Jens and I currently own a 2012 CBR 250. I just got into riding last year and bought my first motorcycle in August and love it! But I am already noticing the lack of power and acceleration and looking to upgrade. I have been considering buying a sport touring bike rather then the typical sport bike due to my height. I am 6' 6'' and though i don't mind riding on my CBR 250 I feel i make it look like a scooter and also don't enjoy the amount of wind resistance. I was curious if anyone has some suggestions of a motorcycle i should upgrade to or why i should buy a Fz6! Also, if their are any tall riders out there it would be amazing to know how you fit on it and any issue I may encounter. Any feedback or advice is very helpful!
Thanks
Jens

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6ft 6 and the wrong side of 250 lbs. I am in the process of switching from an FZ6 to and FJR. While I fitted on the FZ6 OK I did add a higher Corbin seat and lowered pegs which did make it just a little more comfortable.

With these mods and a larger screen I even did a SS1000 Iron Butt ride last November doing about 1800 miles in a weekend.

I am in the process of getting my bike ready for sale. I have already sold the seat, but the pegs are going with the bike(unless someone really wants them).

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't weigh in on the height issue (wind/comfort) but I have to say moving up from my Ninja 250 (which would be peppier than your CBR250) was quite enjoyable powerwise, though I still miss the lightweightness of the Ninja. The FZ6 was a good bit higher than the Ninja, which might feel even better for you as you're a good 7 inches taller than I.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6' and wind resistance is solved by a large aftermarket windshield. Unfortunately I have dirty air hitting my helmet so I get a lot of wind noise.

With the FZ6 you're going to looking for aftermarket accessories to get comfortable- handlebar, footpegs, windshield.

To avoid that hassle you might want to look at bikes with more wind protection and ideally an adjustable windshield such as the FJR.

A Yamaha Demo day will allow you to try Yamaha's whole line up.

Grothe1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for the input! Now being pretty new at riding I dont really want to jump to another bigger than a 600cc motorcycle. Do you guys have any other suggestions of bikes I should look at that are the sport touring kind and 600cc? I'm at a very early stage of looking for a new bike and im open for ideas and help! Thanks again though for taking the time to comment and give me your input!

Grothe1

Reaction score
Visit site
Also I was looking at the FZ8. Can anyone give me some info that I really would need to know? After looking into it it appears that people are saying it is too over priced for the amount of performance it gives.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're going to get a 8, get a 1 and be done with it. There's sine good steal if you did a bit, some are well maintained and comes with all the goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Brandon

Fastest FZ6 on my street!
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ-09s seem to be cheaper than all the FZ-8s I've seen for sale and they've gotten awesome reviews!