Thoughts and prayers with Boston Marathon victims

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Besides the thoughts and prayers to those lost and effected by this cowardless act, was there a lapse by the Boston Police? You would think that they would have conducted a sweep of the area, and continued to do so to prevent something like this from happening.

Is New York and D.C next? AA # 11 departed Boston and hit the Towers.

It's a huge event out in the open. Thousands of people gather all along the 26 mile route, with the majority gathering in the Boylston St./Copley Square area. They could have swept the area a million times. Unless they searched every single pedestrian's belongings upon entering a very large radius of the finish line, there would be no way to stop something like this from happening. And that is simply not going to happen in this country.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a huge event out in the open. Thousands of people gather all along the 26 mile route, with the majority gathering in the Boylston St./Copley Square area. .

Exactly, that's where the emphasis should have been focused on. Should have had dozens of bomb sniffing dogs around. I've been to many different countries, the security is nothing here in the states compared to places like Europe.

I've always thought that all bags should be searched at the main event during the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. People wearing hoodies and sunglasses and carrying a backpack is the norm and could do so much damage in such a packed confined area during such a high profile global event.

I understand it's tough to prevent attacks like this from happening, just venting I guess. I do know that the police are good at what they do, and they will catch whoever is responsible.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts are with everyone there.

What sick mind does this? Ball-bearings?

Animals

As for the police, it is not possible for every person and every place to be checked.

The only person to blame is the sicko who did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heard this on the news this morning not 2 minutes after I posted a picture of facebook of our spectacular sunrise..... made me feel about an inch high after that :(.... Horrible news , I really wonder what makes the sicko's of this work tic !!! :spank: :spank:

I dedicate the beauty of the sunrise to those we lost R.I.P !!

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Prayers to all those affected including the medical workers, police, fire, etc. and especially, the victims.

I live in OKC and the Murrah Bombing is something I'll never forget. Unfortunately, neither will these fine Americans in Boston. It's truly a sad day for all of us when we can't even attend or participate in an outdoor activity without the thought of terrorism entering our minds. Just this last weekend, I went to the Nascar race in Texas and while I was there, sure enough, it entered my mind of what if. :(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Prayers to all those affected including the medical workers, police, fire, etc. and especially, the victims.

I live in OKC and the Murrah Bombing is something I'll never forget. Unfortunately, neither will these fine Americans in Boston. It's truly a sad day for all of us when we can't even attend or participate in an outdoor activity without the thought of terrorism entering our minds. Just this last weekend, I went to the Nascar race in Texas and while I was there, sure enough, it entered my mind of what if. :(

I think that's partially the idea(besides hurting people), to scare all into not attending outside activites, to try and restrict our freedoms.

Yes, we should never forget anyone lost, in any terrorist attack, worldwide, HOWEVER, if we hide in our homes, afraid to come out, the terrorist HAS indeed won...

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

It is truly horrific, now 3 dead, including a child and at least 10 amputated limbs.

I agree with Scott that we should try not to allow these people to restrict our freedom (as they have then accomplished their goal). I know this is easily said and many of these people will be suffering phycological problems for years to come (I have seen this first hand after a terrorist attack on members of my squadron when I was stationed in Germany).

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that's partially the idea(besides hurting people), to scare all into not attending outside activites, to try and restrict our freedoms.

Yes, we should never forget anyone lost, in any terrorist attack worldwide, HOWEVER, if we hide in our homes, afraid to come out, the terrorist HAS indeed won.

These are the actions of the blind. Their goals and objectives are inconsequential.

“All that we know about those we have loved and lost is that they would wish us to remember them with a more intensified realization of their reality. What is essential does not die but clarifies. The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.”
― Thornton Wilder

To find greater love is always the goal. Fear, grief, and anger should come nowhere near the equation. May there be peace for the fallen, joy for the living, and hope for the blind.

Live.

Love.

Be free.

Last edited:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a very horrible event, I just don't have word to describe how I feel. The Boston Marathon is like the Holy Grail of running, even more prestigious than running at the Olympics. I'm a runner myself... going to pick up my packet tonight for my 1/2 Marathon this weekend...

Hope everyone the best up there and will do my run in honor of those victims.