Thoughts from a new rider about the FZ6

garmie

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I passed my MSF safety course, gents.

Since this is a thread about thoughts, I'm going to offer some thoughts about the course:

I thought the coverage of the written material was a waste of money. We pretty much read from the book - something I can do myself. I was hoping for more of an experienced rider perspective on things. Maybe our instructor was just not interested, I don't know.

I'm thankful that I performed the course on a DR200. It was fun to ride and a little easier to maneuver than my FZ, though not as much I thought after getting back on the FZ.

I didn't realize how much the ride training helped until I got on my bike today and felt much more confident about my riding. It could be the placebo affect, who knows, but I really did feel that practicing the right techniques in class was beneficial. That made the money I paid($125) worth it. I'll save $2/month on my insurance because of the class, so it'll pay for itself in a little over 5 years :rockon:

Closing thought: I'm so glad to be back on my FZ - I won't miss the 200 too much.

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
Grats on the course. I learned how to ride on my own and my wife took the course a couple years later. Personally, I didn't learn anything new but I saw how it could help someone completely new to riding.

Don't forget the course is meant for people that have never touched a bike in their lives. The written material might have been a waste for you but others might have had their questions answered.

I don't think ANYONE misses those wee little 200/150's XD

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think ANYONE misses those wee little 200/150's XD

My knees will never forget scraping the handlebars on the Box tho.. I'm sure I looked like the 'big kid on a mini-motard'.. Rebel 250, thou art retired from my list of 'bikes I'd like to ride'. :D