Thoughts on MC's

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine is taking about starting up a chapter of a MC and it has me thinking about joining in. It is a reputable MC and if we create our own chapter it would give us some rights on how it may be run. I hung out with some of the guys the other weekend and they all seem nice and have a strong sense of brotherhood.

I just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion about them or has actually been involved (current or in the past) with one and how it was for them.

Thanks,

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine is taking about starting up a chapter of a MC and it has me thinking about joining in. It is a reputable MC and if we create our own chapter it would give us some rights on how it may be run. I hung out with some of the guys the other weekend and they all seem nice and have a strong sense of brotherhood.

I just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion about them or has actually been involved (current or in the past) with one and how it was for them.

Thanks,
When I was little my dad used to drag race a triumph bonneville, he knew some of the Hells Angels from our local chapter. They used to mind my brother and I whilst dad raced filling us with ice cream and getting us to the front.
On a serious note I think that if you have a bunch of decent guys who are dedicated to developing the chapter then you should go for it.

Neil

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks,

Remember MCs can be like street gangs. Just because you are in one, other MCs will be against you. There is always the territory issue. One of my friends was in a small club of about 20-30 riders, all good friends, and the Pagans (Big MC Club) are now out to get them for whatever reason. Anyway my friend dropped the club crap. Personally, i think they are pointless. There are plenty of groups that are free to join that have regular rides and events.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the local NorCal bike forum I've seen threads about starting M/C clubs and having to get the local HA chapter's permission before starting a club to avoid having trouble. Don't know if it's true but what the heck, it's on the interwebz..

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Remember MCs can be like street gangs. Just because you are in one, other MCs will be against you. There is always the territory issue. One of my friends was in a small club of about 20-30 riders, all good friends, and the Pagans (Big MC Club) are now out to get them for whatever reason. Anyway my friend dropped the club crap. Personally, i think they are pointless. There are plenty of groups that are free to join that have regular rides and events.

I do understand how things can get out of control with the outlaw motorcycle gangs. I know these guys have high standards for members to try and keep that type of mentality away.

I've thought about getting involved in something like this but I'm not really sure either. The part I like is it's going to take some time to set it up and to make sure it's something that will be good for everyone. The friend who is interested has been involved in a couple other MC's and seems to know where they go wrong.

I also know there is a group called the Patriot Riders who is a club and many members where cuts from different groups. They have the stance that if someone gives you a hard time about your "cut" remove it and be respectful. It's not a sign of territory or anything like that. With this particular MC they said they only want to show where they are from and it's not a territory to them. The MC is pretty big and has chapters in 12 different countries as well.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have always felt that clubs are formed to keep other people OUT! No matter how many people you are with, once the visor goes down you ride alone.

Don't worry about patches or names or colors or what not. Get out and ride. As soon as you say "I am better than you", you invite problems. Strong and silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2