Too hot to ride?

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok its sunday, nothing to do and would like to go for a ride.. but...

Its 97 degrees out with a heat index at 105+ with little to no wind.

How many just say F*** it and stay home? I know I am today.

Worked in the garage for 30 minutes and was soaked with sweat.

Global warming at its best. :mad:

Guess i'll stay home and watch the races (F1, GP)

Wow. It rarely gets that hot up here, but I did ride in 95-100 degree heat last year. I didn't find it too bad as long as I was moving. This was when I was wearing a heavy leather jacket and thick riding pants too.

Try wetting down a t-shirt and wearing it under a mesh jacket. Works great. You can get a fancy cooling vest through various vendors if it's hot a lot. From what I hear they work well.

You should definately ride. Bikers around here usually congregate around ice cream shops.

It's about 105 deg. F here and ya know what....if I had a babysitter and had new tires, I'd be out right now riding. I haven't ridden my bike in like 8 months....yeah, I know :spank:

Mississippi ??!!! It's too hot to think there! I'm a transplant from Tennessee.....I miss the beauty, but not the humidity. Wait till dusk, you know it's not as hot, but then you get those massive bugs on your facesheild!

I hate the heat also. I have lived in Spartanburg SC all my life and have always hated it here. I can step outside and stand in the shade not move a muscle and be soaked in mins. The humidity is bad also. I love the winter far better. Did you know also in 1926 it was 102 degrees?

I'm somewhat used to the heat because I commute a lot, but don't worry, I definitely feel your pain. There are Saturday's when I planned to ride and the heat just completely killed it. When it gets to be 115+, I'm not even sure it's safe. Even with mesh jackets, you dehydrate and start to feel it after half an hour.

Our monsoon season is starting though, so its beautiful out right now. Partial cloud cover and a cool 90ish.

No way...it was worse with 100 degree hot air hitting your body at 70 MPH...its like a blowtorch!!

Yes i agree with you, you are moving faster but it does nothing, its just hot a$$ air blowing in yo face...At the same time it doesnt bother me too much, its like being in a warm bath the whole time :p

Yeaap I m in TX DFW and it s just cooking lately....
Teperature raise from time to time and best time to ride is in the weekend morning...stay home after lunch cz is just too hot...and for me just feel uncomfortable beeing cooking out there...
Full face helmet will help avoid beeing torch by hot wind blowing...
Drink plenty of water or gatorade before and after riding it help cool down the body and mind....just my 2 cent...

It's like being in a convection oven, 40mph doesn't help, but 85 seems to. I've been doing short rides, less than an hour, when it's 95+. And doing my Captian Morgan pose of course. I might have to enter that contest they're having.

After 6 fricken feet of snow and the longest winter in 15 years here, I'll ride no matter the temperature! ;) I'm not complaining about the heat this year at all. It's only sweat... worry if you are NOT sweating!

Yea Summer!!!

After 6 fricken feet of snow and the longest winter in 15 years here, I'll ride no matter the temperature! ;) I'm not complaining about the heat this year at all. It's only sweat... worry if you are NOT sweating!

Yea Summer!!!

Any temperature feels a lot cooler with a 70MPH wind ;)

90 is usually my cut off point... just like alot of others said it doesn't matter how fast you are going it is just hot sticky air moving around... but on the other side of the scale i will ride until 40 so that gives me a pretty solid range of degress when i can go riding... usually well into november some years.

I was out riding yesterday and it was about 97 with lots of humidity. Was not bad as long as I stayed moving. Learned something out of the whole trip. I need a helmet with more vents!!!!! Just think about all the harley riders you see riding in the heat and not having a liquid cooled engine makes it worse.

Back