Track Day video!!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a video I put together for my first track day, discussed in this thread.

Since my ATC2K's never worked that day, all the footage is from my friend's GoPro mounted to his ZX-6R. Can't wait until next time I make it to the track...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-lWweQBNo]YouTube - Willow Springs Track Day 4.17.09[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that was so good! Thank you for taking us along! I liked everything about the video and and the riding.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Awsome vid !!!

Feeling frustrated right now, was going on the track tomorrow.
But ****ed up my knee and need surgery :(

Seems like a fun and fast track, fast corners.
Nice riding to overtake that Ducati :thumbup:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the props, guys! I'll keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

Buddies are talking about doing another track day in August, and this time we'll have three cameras instead of one so I'll have even more to work with...

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Awsome vid !!!

Feeling frustrated right now, was going on the track tomorrow.
But ****ed up my knee and need surgery :(

Seems like a fun and fast track, fast corners.
Nice riding to overtake that Ducati :thumbup:

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll come out of it, heal up, then be ready to attack the track like never before. :rockon:

It was a very fun, fast track. Getting around my buddy on the Duc was all about patience with the brakes and corner speed, corner speed, corner speed so that he wouldn't pass me right back on the straight, haha.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great job on your 1st track day! Love the production! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
+1!

Seems he was a little too worried about riding that Duc too hard :D

This is true, he had a GSX-R 600 for a few months, then showed up to a weekend ride with the red beauty in January. He's still pretty timid on it, but gets goin when he needs to. The guy was crazy enough to let me ride it the first time he brought it out, and I must say it is a horrifyingly-wonderful machine.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate that was lovely to watch, v nice work! A local bunch (called "Stay Upright") have a cornering and breaking class at Brisbane raceway late October, I think your vid has just confirmed my attendance :Flash::Flash:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
That was awesome!!!! That was not your first video for sure!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post/sharing this with everyone.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
This is true, he had a GSX-R 600 for a few months, then showed up to a weekend ride with the red beauty in January. He's still pretty timid on it, but gets goin when he needs to. The guy was crazy enough to let me ride it the first time he brought it out, and I must say it is a horrifyingly-wonderful machine.

That Duc is a real deal track bike ... over taking it with a FZ6 is just :thumbup:
The FZ6 is a nice bike and I love it, but when you ride real sport bike's ... it's a big difference.

But I do understand he's carefull with the bike ... $$$$$, but such a bike needs to be ridder hard :D.

And thanks for the kind words on my injury, be back in full force soon :rockon:.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo, KING clip bro! Tasty track riding. Yet more proof that the fizzer is NO SLOUCH on the track! MORE! MORE! :rockon: