Turbo time

CoNwOw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just been speaking to a company that will turbo my fz6 setup aswell, they said on standard compression a safe boost is 6psi. Anyone else done this yet? anyone recommend it or not? Really want a turbo bike and shes only got 6000 miles on her.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is just me and I have no idea what you're intentions are but without a lot of fine tuning and tweaking - the wrong turbo is likely going to make the bike unpleasant to ride, unless its just WOT drag bike.

The manufactures have engineers that can model the turbos curve to the engines characteristics providing the proper fueling, ignition, boost rate and delivery throughout the RPM range. For us to randomly select a turbo, toss it on the bike is going to be a lot of trial and error. If done wrong, the engine is toast.

Because of the small displacement choices are very critical so it spools without lag. That said, you might look at a supercharger. Perhaps not as tunable by todays standards, but certainly more predictable. Not to mention a lot of testing can be done off the bike. The problem there is mechanical losses eating up your gains....

Good luck!