turn signal fault

K Rig

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I'm swapping out my front turn signals for some LED ones. I opened the circuit for the right side and attached the new signal, everything is fine. I opened the circuit for the left side and attached the new one- now nothing works. Both left and right signals front and back are inop, and i get no indicators from the instrument cluster.
The service manual says to check the signal relay. Says that its under the left side cover. Checked and i don't have a turn signal relay there. Its identical to the picture in the repair manual except that its missing the relay thats for the signals. my bike is an 04 fz6.

Does anybody have any advise on what might be wrong, or where the relay might be?

Okay, I'm swapping out my front turn signals for some LED ones. I opened the circuit for the right side and attached the new signal, everything is fine. I opened the circuit for the left side and attached the new one- now nothing works. Both left and right signals front and back are inop, and i get no indicators from the instrument cluster.
The service manual says to check the signal relay. Says that its under the left side cover. Checked and i don't have a turn signal relay there. Its identical to the picture in the repair manual except that its missing the relay thats for the signals. my bike is an 04 fz6.

Does anybody have any advise on what might be wrong, or where the relay might be?

I suspect your relay is actually located in the front fairing...... I recall mention of that by some of the folks that have '04 models. If you do a search in the 'How to' section, someone fairly recently made a document up showing this, with pictures.... I think it was titled replacing the OEM flasher, or some such.

Found it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/26702-how-replace-your-oem-flasher-relay.html

Last edited:
unless there is another one aside from the signal fuse behind the right side cover, the fuse is okay

Did you check the other fuses besides the signal fuse. I had a brake light issue that turned out being the signal fuse. I checked the brake light fuse and it was good but when I checked the signal fuse, it was blown.

Doesn't hurt to check all those fuses back there, especially the ones dealing with the tail and signals, etc.

Once again, doesn't hurt to check them all.

Did you check the fuse under the right "pod" labeled "TAIL"? Mine was in a little white fuse holder attached to the outside of the main fuse box. When I was working on my flush mounts I crossed a hot wire to the frame by mistake and this fuse is the one that blew.

Back