TX Hill Country (W of Austin), October 24

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan to ride west out of Austin next Friday, and am looking for routes & others to ride with. The 3 Sisters looks like fun, but Leakey is a long way with a start/end in N. Austin. Any suggestions?

This is my one chance of the fall to escape Houston & find/ride some scenic, twisty roads. I have had the FZ6 for almost a year, & 11k miles, and haven't worn anything but the center of the tires so far!:(

As a hopeless morning person, I'll get out early, even if it is cool, and then ride the entire day, with a few breaks & lunch stop.

Even if you are unavailable to ride, please send some route ideas.

John

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi John - I'd suggest, 2222 to Lime Creek Road (Volente Beach), to 1431 to Marble Falls, to Lake Buchannan, to 2342 (through Inks State Park), which becomes FM690, loop into Burnett. From there you can take 29 back to Austin or find some smaller farm roads to come back in on.

Basically its a big loop to the northwest of town, its not a crazy as it sounds.

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ran that through google- that looks like an interesting route with ~130mi to Burnett. I could also take a side trip to Lago Vista on the way out (pro- easier than on the bicycle, con- deer are a problem there every year!).

Thanks again. Now I just need to plan my route to/from Austin.

A

Aggietaco

Did you end up making this trip? The only rides I've done in the past couple of months are flat 3-400 milers. I need some twisties.