UK Bikers go to ALDI

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Yellow/black bikers jacket with armour, zip out liner etc £40
Bikers socks with padding <£4
Loads of other tech vests etc for cold biking

Worth a look:cheer:

I rode miles in the freezing cold to buy the touring boots. They were really good but they had every size but mine.

Thanks for the heads up, I bought the 2 piece wind proof under suit and 3 pairs of socks, £30.45. I'm off for a ride in the cold tomorrow. I will report back if the Aldi kit is any better than my standard thermals.

Tried the Aldi wind proof thermals today and was pretty impressed for £20. The long sleeve top and long johns are a stretch material and quite thick compared to the oxford polar wear and are two different materials stitched together the front facing bits are a tightly weaved wind proof material and the back and inner joints are more flexible light fleece. The top zips up to a high neck so I didn't use a scarf or neck tube. Today I was out for about 6 hours and was only wearing these thermals under my 2 piece textile gear.
The temperature was approx 2 degrees C and at 80mph on the motorway I remained pretty warm with just a slightly cooler upper chest. Once I joined normal roads and my average speed was lower I remaind toasty warm all over, so I am pretty pleased with this kit considering it was so cheap.

Imagine my surprise when, having mis-read the ads in the paper about Aldi, I turned up a day early!
Spoke to the manager who said that most of the stuff goes (as in the popular sizes etc) in the first couple of days. Great. I had a day off but now have to work all the hours to guarantee I won't get a look in.:(

The Jackets looked pretty good for £40, and even had a half decent back protector instead of the usual bit of sponge. I couldn't justify buying yet another jacket, but I did get a thermal top & a 'windstopper' top. I wonder if it'll stop me farting??

The Jackets looked pretty good for £40, and even had a half decent back protector instead of the usual bit of sponge. I couldn't justify buying yet another jacket, but I did get a thermal top & a 'windstopper' top. I wonder if it'll stop me farting??
It wont stop you farting, it will just keep it enclosed until you remove it. :D

I brought the jacket and the socks

The jacket is brilliant- I rode at minus 2 and stayed warm with a short sleeved shirt under going to the office.

Back protector is good but the shoulder and elbow armour is a little small- tried to fit my Know armour in and that is too large for the pockets

Anyway0 for the money it is brillaint value- have to take it out in the rain to see how waterproof it is- but worth a few £'s for some techie waterproofer if it isnt

Best of all- bright yellow= I might be seen by the cagers

Back