Visit site
Yellow/black bikers jacket with armour, zip out liner etc £40
Bikers socks with padding <£4
Loads of other tech vests etc for cold biking

Worth a look:cheer:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode miles in the freezing cold to buy the touring boots. They were really good but they had every size but mine.

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I bought the 2 piece wind proof under suit and 3 pairs of socks, £30.45. I'm off for a ride in the cold tomorrow. I will report back if the Aldi kit is any better than my standard thermals.

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried the Aldi wind proof thermals today and was pretty impressed for £20. The long sleeve top and long johns are a stretch material and quite thick compared to the oxford polar wear and are two different materials stitched together the front facing bits are a tightly weaved wind proof material and the back and inner joints are more flexible light fleece. The top zips up to a high neck so I didn't use a scarf or neck tube. Today I was out for about 6 hours and was only wearing these thermals under my 2 piece textile gear.
The temperature was approx 2 degrees C and at 80mph on the motorway I remained pretty warm with just a slightly cooler upper chest. Once I joined normal roads and my average speed was lower I remaind toasty warm all over, so I am pretty pleased with this kit considering it was so cheap.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Imagine my surprise when, having mis-read the ads in the paper about Aldi, I turned up a day early!
Spoke to the manager who said that most of the stuff goes (as in the popular sizes etc) in the first couple of days. Great. I had a day off but now have to work all the hours to guarantee I won't get a look in.:(

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
The Jackets looked pretty good for £40, and even had a half decent back protector instead of the usual bit of sponge. I couldn't justify buying yet another jacket, but I did get a thermal top & a 'windstopper' top. I wonder if it'll stop me farting??

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
The Jackets looked pretty good for £40, and even had a half decent back protector instead of the usual bit of sponge. I couldn't justify buying yet another jacket, but I did get a thermal top & a 'windstopper' top. I wonder if it'll stop me farting??
It wont stop you farting, it will just keep it enclosed until you remove it. :D

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I brought the jacket and the socks

The jacket is brilliant- I rode at minus 2 and stayed warm with a short sleeved shirt under going to the office.

Back protector is good but the shoulder and elbow armour is a little small- tried to fit my Know armour in and that is too large for the pockets

Anyway0 for the money it is brillaint value- have to take it out in the rain to see how waterproof it is- but worth a few £'s for some techie waterproofer if it isnt

Best of all- bright yellow= I might be seen by the cagers