upcoming Ride to Work 06/19/2017

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hoping for sun as (for work) I can be of a fair-weather rider... get to exercise the new clutch and show off my new front/rear turnsignals (thanks [MENTION=19634]Ohendo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION]!)

ride_to_work_2017.jpg

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Did not know this. But again, when you don't own a car, everyday is a ride to work day.
I always think it's weird when I see it come up.

Why make a conscious effort for "Ride to Work Day", when it's the obvious choice most days?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny. It's been ride to work everyday for me since the beginning of May.
But the majority of other bikers around my workplace are weather-sassy. Today happens to be a 'riding' day since the sun is out and temp. is over 20C.
Then again I use a foldable bicycle and two trains to get to work during off-season so riding the FZ is often a luxury compared to that even if weather is not ideal. :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From 1990 to 2000, I rode my 1989 KLR 250 30 miles (round trip) to work.

Unless it was in the 30's (F), I rode, rain or shine..

Put 73,000 miles on that bike before I sold it.. (Two LS main crank bearing replacements every 32,000 miles)

Every day was "ride to work day!"

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Somewhat abashed to say, I'm a fair-weather rider. Part of that is b/c I can (it's 15 mins to work, whether in car or on bike), part of that is b/c I'm lazy (e.g. I have a rainsuit but have yet to actually use it). To be fair, I don't golf in the rain either (once the grips get wet and I can't hold on to them, forget it - have seen to many flying clubs). So kudos to those of you who ride in any/all weather conditions. For the rest of us, we can show solidarity with you on the 19th.

Sidenote - my building parking lot has my FZ6, a Triumph Street Triple, a Honda Valkyrie, and an older Moto Guzzi California. Slim pickings really (all but the Guzzi work in the same company).

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the day after I pick up my new bike so it will be my first ride to work on it (first of many) :cheer::cheer::cheer:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Australia, we are not part of the International Ride To Work program, (god knows why not)
But it has spurred discussion about us starting some sort of National day, probably in April or October/November on the cusp of Winter/Summer to try and get as many of us from North to South participating.
https://motorbikewriter.com/call-national-ride-work-day/
While I wont be part of this years event, I'll be thinking of you all and I WILL BE riding to work 'coz thats my everyday- rain or shine!

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
GYNCE,

Thanks for the reminder.

Sadly I won't be riding to work that day. But HAPPILY I WILL be riding, because I will be on vacation in NY, with the bike.

I try to ride to work every day that has reasonably decent weather. I probably average more than half off the days from spring through the late fall.

Kudos to all of you who ride ALL of the time.

Martin - sweet ride! And now you may begin bragging about having a blue bike.

Chris

Last edited:

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest I am not that bothered by weather because I do not get on the bike without the full gear which includes reasonably water resistant MC pants/jacket, track boots and gloves. So when fully dressed a few drops of rain is no biggie although of course it is way more enjoyable to ride in sunshine and over >20C temps.
One advantage of riding in all weathers is that on nice days you really appreciate the ride. :D

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode to work on Tuesday. I'm on vacation now until August 1 so I won't ride to work, but I'll definately go for a ride. :cheer: