Video Found - My Exact Idle Problem

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Loopy idle and like the other guy I can't disconnect those connectors.

Once the bike warms up and I fiddle with the idle I can get it to almost perfect where it stays at 1380 and sounds great. Then I take it for a ride and 5 min in it starts looping again.

I've synced my TBs, I've checked the TPS values in diagnostic mode, and that's about it.

I haven't reset the battery since I replaced it which was late this winter.

However I do have a PC3 sitting around that I haven't installed yet because I don't have a laptop but I'll report back in if it solves the issue. I'll be running a map I got from a forum member with similar setup.

I've got the S1

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How many of you have checked the idle vacuum with vacuum gauge to see the actual values? Espicially those using DIY sync tools? Those DIY tube/oil gauges are great as they offer very high resolution! but they lack absolute value which is OK. Solution:->> a decent vacuum gauge and you CAN set the Air Fuel Ratio and fix the lope!

But you need to know the Actual Vacuum Value and if the bike has MODs like slipons, It will likely REQUIRE MOVING #1 SCREW as its NO LONGER BREATHS LIKE it did in Stock Form!

These have been around since the petrol engine cam to life and work on Carbs as well as TB.... Strap one on the handlebars and go for a ride. You'll see where and when your engine gets the best Fuel economy. Lots of uses. I highly recommend those of you who tinker, OWN ONE! :thumbup:

Random search: $25 USD Aliexpress.com : Vacuum Gauge

EDIT: Pasted Linked did some funny stuff...... Hmmm.

Vacuum Gauge - Images

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
How many of you have checked the idle vacuum with vacuum gauge to see the actual values? Espicially those using DIY sync tools? Those DIY tube/oil gauges are great as they offer very high resolution! but they lack absolute value which is OK. Solution:->> a decent vacuum gauge and you CAN set the Air Fuel Ratio and fix the lope!

But you need to know the Actual Vacuum Value and if the bike has MODs like slipons, It will likely REQUIRE MOVING #1 SCREW as its NO LONGER BREATHS LIKE it did in Stock Form!

These have been around since the petrol engine cam to life and work on Carbs as well as TB.... Strap one on the handlebars and go for a ride. You'll see where and when your engine gets the best Fuel economy. Lots of uses. I highly recommend those of you who tinker, OWN ONE! :thumbup:

Vacuum Gauge - Images

I noticed while syncing the TBs that my # TB was in more than the manual calls for. I believe someone mention it should be 3/4 to 1 full revolution out. Mine was between half and 3/4. Maybe I should redo the TB sync and move # out some to maybe a full revolution.

I'll probably install the PC3 before to see if that might solve it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might opt for screwing them all inwards (CW), as that would stand a better chance of richening the idle value.
- Screwing them out (CCW), leans it out giving it MORE air to breath thus with the same injection quantity (same fuel qty), the RPM increases and vacuum at idle increases. AFR for example goes from 13.5:1 to 14.0:1.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site

Vacuum Gauge - Images

Decided to mess around a bit today. Noticed your post. Would that gauge work properly? The last one I bought was for a car too I think, and the dials were flying all over the place.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A 4" to 6" car dial is fine. Age old issue is you need to apply the proper restrictor.

Roughly speaking a restriction of 0.020 - 0.025" ID should dampen it down for a stable reading. If still too much, restrict it more. if too dead, open it up.

A piece of plastic rod inserted into tubing and use a tiny drill set instead of trying to find small orifices.