Vin sticker relocation

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Vin sticker relocation - Success!

Ok on my 09 FZ6 the unsightly vin sticker is in full view on the right side of the frame. Having removed all my other stickers, what do you guys suggest is the best way to move or hide this misplaced sticker? What happened to putting this sticker on the steering head? My ideas are placing a piece of window tint over it to make it less visible or putting velcro on the perimeter and then covering it with a plate the same color as the frame. I figure it would be a bad idea trying to relocate this sticker.

Last edited:
Some people moved it up under the tank where it is less visible. That is probably the best location for it. I don't think you want to remove it permanently for future salability, inspections, registration, etc. reasons.

no i dont want to remmove it permanently, thats my problem. The other stickers I removed from the bike were destroyed in the process. If the vin sticker is like the rest it wont come off easy and will come off in pieces. Thats no good. Has anyone been able to remove and reapply it making it look factory?

no i dont want to remmove it permanently, thats my problem. The other stickers I removed from the bike were destroyed in the process. If the vin sticker is like the rest it wont come off easy and will come off in pieces. Thats no good. Has anyone been able to remove and reapply it making it look factory?

Yes. I believe the trick they used was to heat it up with a hair dryer and peel it off all at once. There should be a thread in here somewhere about it. I haven't touched mine since it does not bother me.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/13040-please-help-vin-question-3.html

Last edited:
I used a hair dryer on the seven other stickers and they all came off in pieces, especially the swingarm stickers, but since folks have had more success with the VIN sticker being stronger I will give it a try and report back.

I'd probably get a piece of wide masking tape, and spray paint that flat black. Trim it down to size to cover the VIN, and leave it at that. Maybe take a sharpie to the cut edges, so they would be black as well.... Cheap, simple, non destructive.

Re: Vin sticker relocation - Success!

Success! So I tried lifting it carefully with a hair dryer. I only slightly messed up one corner with my fingernail lifting the edge. The entire sticker came off in one piece and I relocated it on the frame under the tank. The sticker was still sticky enough. You really have to look hard to see the corner of it under the tank. I know I placed the corner of the sticker over a frame bolt hole, I did this so the top of the sticker would not be seen above the tank. Good Luck.

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Back