Virginia route 600??

For what it's worth I just did 219 from Lewisburg WV to Elkins WV last week (on my way from Portsmouth to Wheeling). I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't raining. :( I ran into ten or fifteen places where gravel had washed onto the road which also makes life interesting on curves. Rear wheel stepped out a little bit on one patch of gravel but I was impressed by how stable the FZ was given the conditions. Also impressed with 53 mpg average over 1700 mile trip which included LOTS of hills.

If you haven't ridden 250 between Huttonsville and Staunton I can vouch for the fact that it's an interesting route, with I believe it's 7 "mountain" ridges to conquer. (Sorry, but after biking in Estes Park Colorado it's hard to call 3000' elevation a mountain) There are a number of 15 mph switchbacks on US 250 but for the most part it's a reasonably fast paced road.

Route 33 from Elkins to Harrisonburg is about the same level of difficulty. Neither road had much traffic on the times I've ridden them. As usual, be prepared to see the occasional bit of rain unless you can zip right out after checking the weather channel ;) ENJOY.

I've done all thhe routes you have listed including all of US250 in WV from Wheeling to the VA border. Great road.....

Back