VR's Trip To The Land Of The Rising Sun

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic pics Kenny!

Nice you could go with your mum to take your dad home.

It looks like a beautiful place - Japan is on my bucket list. And the food looks amazing too!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is an amazing thing you did for your Mom and your Father, my condolences.

I LOVE Japan, I was there 2 years ago. Do you speak Japanese? I do a little and a couple of my family members speak, read and write Japanese but I am just on a very basic conversational level.

I can not wait to go back, everyone is so nice there and there are so many interesting things to do.

I speak enough to get buy, but definitely room for improvement. I can no longer read or write. LOL..you and I could probably survive if we travelled together over there. Yes, it's a different culture over there where everyone is so polite, where everyone acknowledges you with a bow and they will not jaywalk and where every vehicle uses their turn signals. Amazing how clean any city was, including Tokyo.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I speak enough to get buy, but definitely room for improvement. I can no longer read or write. LOL..you and I could probably survive if we travelled together over there. Yes, it's a different culture over there where everyone is so polite, where everyone acknowledges you with a bow and they will not jaywalk and where every vehicle uses their turn signals. Amazing how clean any city was, including Tokyo.

That is one of the first things I mention when talking about Japan, it was so clean. Tokyo looked like someone washed all the buildings and vacuumed the streets every day it was so clean lol. When we were there it amazed me that every time we pulled out our map to see where we wanted to go it was less than a minute before someone came up to ask if we needed any help. I hope to be able to go back one day, it is an amazing country.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting! Great what you did for your mom and to honor your father. My mom is 92 and her memory and health are going and the memories of what I have done with her are becoming more precious.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Condolences to you Kenny and to you Stacey!

Thank you for the great Japan report! :)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting! Great what you did for your mom and to honor your father. My mom is 92 and her memory and health are going and the memories of what I have done with her are becoming more precious.
Boy, you got that right! I and siblings are musing through 100's of photos, of which, some are of just weeks ago. The funeral home and we are finalizing a CD memoriam, including some photos over 100 years old.

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Amazing pictures VR. One of my best friends was just in Tokyo last week when her husband had to go on business last minute. I haven't had a chance to talk much with her, but two things she mentioned were how clean the city is and how fantastic the food is. I hope to go someday. You're pictures make it so tempting!

My best to you and your family. Thank you for sharing the journey.