VSO2 Installation Question.

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I have successfully taken off my front fairing, Speedo, and Fairing Stay. However I am now a little puzzled.

Question 1: According to the instructions provided by DEV, if I use my stock turn signals I do not have to re-wire anything. However, I still fail to see how I connect my stock turn signals to my bike.

Question 2: Dev instructions also state "When removing the stock headlight/fairing/bracket PLEASE REMOVE THE bracket/guide on the triple tree that holds the throttle cable as you don't need this for naked kit". Which part is he referring to?

Question 3: After reviewing some other threads regarding VS02 instillation. I have seen many people complain about the headlights High and Low beams. Is their any modifications that needs to be done before I install the headlight? Or can the headlight be used as is?

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
#1 You will use you factory connectors. they are located on your factory harness. They are round and about 5mm diameter.. pretty sure gray plug on the left and black on the right.

#2 The bracket will be bolted underneath the TOP triple tree. as stated, the bracket is a guide for your throttle cables.
From your throttle, follow your cables down to your top triple tree and you will locate the bracket.

#3 Only issue is the kit has 35w/34w H4 bulb with dual filament. (not bright enough).
You can use the stock 65w/65w bulb BUT you will have to install a relay to make sure only ONE filament is ON at any time. OTHERWISE if both filaments come on the total would be 65+65 and it will overheat the headlight.
BTW - I purchased (from Dev) a relay wiring harness.

I also used my stock turn signals and Dev's relay harness making the install truly plus-n-play... I did not cut any wires! :thumbup:

Hope this helps, M

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm. I have the VS01 coming in. I wasn't aware of the headlight (#3) issue and needing a relay. Bummer.

You don't really need to.

If you just do one of the many dual headlight mods you can easily make it work with the stock harness. Just take the high beam lead from the left headlight and attach it to the low (right beam) and then use that connector on the VS Kit - That's what I wound up doing at least, no - not much light output - but it'll do until you upgrade it to a projector (which is the best anyway)

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Arien.. hope you were able to figure everything out... if you need any help please feel free to call my cellphone and I will do everything to help...

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thank you for the help so far. Especially DEV, nothing better than talking to the man who made the kit himself! Hopefully I will have this kit fitted and finished by next week. On a side note, does anyone have any tips or tricks for taking the "Green H7 Wire" out of the connector and placing it in the H4 connector? I feel as if I am going to break the wire, just wanted to know if their is a proper protocol for this.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing you're trying to remove it from the plastic housing? If so, there's likely a little tab on the terminal holding it in there. You need to push the terminal/wire in the housing, then using a small hobby screwdriver or similar item to push the tab in, in order to allow the terminal to slide out. Depending on design, you would access the tab from one side or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koozi

Reaction score
Visit site
I used two small screwdrivers to remove the green wire from the H7 housing.

Stick the small, jewelers screwdriver in the front of the connection slot to release the locking tab. Use a second small screwdriver to gently pry the wire out of the back of the connector. It should come out easily if you have successfully released the tab.

It is easier to do than explain in print!

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I will update this thread if I have anymore questions. Thanks for all the help people.

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys two more questions for ya...

Question one
when going to unscrew the mount that holds my horn. I somehow managed to break the screw. Thus leaving me with no way to get it out. How would you all go about getting the screw out? Please refer to my picture.

Question two
The screws provided with the kit to screw in the mounting stay seem to be WAY to long. Has anyone had this problem before? Also when mounting the headlight stay, what order do I mount everything in? ie- washer,headlight stay, washer, horn bracket (Or a different order)?

Last edited:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the conversion, Motogiros relay works great. It was easy to install and worked like a charm. The best thing you can do it talk to him.. Here a picture of what my wire harness looks like. Im putting a thread together pretty soon with nice pictures of how I did the wires and how I hid them but will need some time.. I need the sleep.. lol

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Question #1
Its important to try to remove the broken bolt, as you know both threaded holes are used to mount the VS02 headlight stay...

Option#1
Pick up a can of penetrating oil and a set of screw extractors.. The EASY-OUT or bolt extractor tool by design can be a very useful tool for the removal of broken bolts and studs…
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrDYJvY0Ts]Screw extractor | easyout | broken bolt removal - YouTube[/ame]

Option #2
I can't remember if there is enough room but you might could drill another clearance hole in the VS02 bracket, hold the bracket in place, transfer the new hole and tap new M6 threads (BE VERY CAREFUL) :eek:

Question #2
The (2) screws are long by design... double check your instructions (Item #5 on page 3) you will use two 20mm round spacers under the stay for the long screws.

hope this helps,:thumbup:
M

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Question #1
Its important to try to remove the broken bolt, as you know both threaded holes are used to mount the VS02 headlight stay...

Option#1
Pick up a can of penetrating oil and a set of screw extractors.. The EASY-OUT or bolt extractor tool by design can be a very useful tool for the removal of broken bolts and studs…
Screw extractor | easyout | broken bolt removal - YouTube

Option #2
I can't remember if there is enough room but you might could drill another clearance hole in the VS02 bracket, hold the bracket in place, transfer the new hole and tap new M6 threads (BE VERY CAREFUL) :eek:

Question #2
The (2) screws are long by design... double check your instructions (Item #5 on page 3) you will use two 20mm round spacers under the stay for the long screws.

hope this helps,:thumbup:
M

I will give the screw extractors a whirl....Hopefully without stripping the threads. thanks. I will update accordingly.

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have mounted my headlight stay, however I feel as if it is relatively loose. It's almost as if the 20MM Hex Screws are a tad to long. Do you guys think if I went and bought some 20MM washers, that would take care of my problem?

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you remove the broken screw? you may need to clean out the threads with a new M6 tap. however, the stay should NOT be loose!

If I can remember correctly, the two lower mounting holes are slotted. I ALWAYS use washers on any slotted holes.
I say yes, pick-up a couple M6 washers.. :thumbup:

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A washer or two never hurts :Flash:..
As long as the bolts are tightly screwed everything should be fine.
Also please dont forget to zip tie the top part of bracket to the ignition lock.