Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ecu.jpg
    ecu.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 7

natefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
If you have any joy finding more than please can you post up here and I will do the same... my ecu of the same type is also fried and I am having a hard time finding one that is not £300 and comes with the full set of locks. I was hoping to just get one reset by motomatrix. I notice new they are still trying to flog them for £1000!

carlwicker

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn’t source the ecu on its own so I had to buy a second hand key set, barrel etc from Poland. It cost 250 quid.

I couldn’t find one for Motomatrix to reflash that is a match to mine.

you could send to Carno for repair but that’s almost cost the 250 for a replacement second hand key set etc. but there are no guarantees that they can repair.

I had no choice but to replace the set. It arrives today so I’ll update on how it goes.

It also cost an additional 60 for import tax due to f*****g brexit shitshow

it better fix the problems I’m having. Fingers cro

If you have any joy finding more than please can you post up here and I will do the same... my ecu of the same type is also fried and I am having a hard time finding one that is not £300 and comes with the full set of locks. I was hoping to just get one reset by motomatrix. I notice new they are still trying to flog them for £1000!

Last edited by a moderator:

natefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Carl for the update! I have been considering the Carmo route £263 fixed fee apparently.. which is as much as a set of locks and the unit. I did see one post on here that its a diode that goes and they had success in ripping apart and replacing it, I am not bad with a soldering iron but I bet I would break more than I could fix getting the potted plastic off.

I was considering the key set but the ones I have found dont match and look pretty well used which leads me to wonder about life expectancy of the new(used) one. I will keep looking for a bit and then if I still find nothing try Carmo.

For me when testing the switched grounds coming out of the ECU one gives a 0 reading and the other is always 12v so I am pretty sure its the ECU (I did switch the coils first just in case).

Good luck with the key swap.

Thanks again.

Nathan