2007 FZ6 ECU help

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good news but not where it needs to be........installed the new fuel pump today and it powered on like it should and after a few unsuccessful tries the engine fired up but the idling was really rough but it started. I just let the engine idle (rough Idle) and every time i even cracked the throttle to rev a little it would die so this went on for a while but it started back easy just won't throttle. Remember this bike hasn't run in 12 years does the no rev sound like an injector problem? any suggestion on what to do to help with this problem?
Good work! One of my posts on this thread was about cleaning the fuel tank and fuel injection rail. The fuel injectors may have varnish that has solidified and reduced the volume of fuel that is needed. Is the fuel pump a new OEM or is it from a different bike application? I've read where people have used a different fuel pump and had issues because the pump did not produce the volume needed.
My first thought with your issue is because of restriction in the injectors maybe a good fuel injector cleaner may clear the problem if it varnish related. Sounds just like a total lean out when the throttle plates open which would indicate not enough fuel delivery.
I think @TownsendsFJR1300 may be able to recommend and good cleaner.

Dale Scroggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Good work! One of my posts on this thread was about cleaning the fuel tank and fuel injection rail. The fuel injectors may have varnish that has solidified and reduced the volume of fuel that is needed. Is the fuel pump a new OEM or is it from a different bike application? I've read where people have used a different fuel pump and had issues because the pump did not produce the volume needed.
My first thought with your issue is because of restriction in the injectors maybe a good fuel injector cleaner may clear the problem if it varnish related. Sounds just like a total lean out when the throttle plates open which would indicate not enough fuel delivery.
I think @TownsendsFJR1300 may be able to recommend and good cleaner.

The fuel pump he ordered was a Kemso I don't know what the oem was he already had the bad one out and the tank cleaned out good when I got there today but he did say the inside of the tank was a mess and the filter was about clogged up so I figure the injectors was just as bad I told him I would just order new injectors also they don't look to be very expensive. I'll update after cleaning or replacing. Thanks