Wanted: stock exhaust

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am looking for a stock exhaust for as cheap as i can get it shipped. i want to try drilling and gutting it to see what sound differences i can get. I don't want to spend much (if any at all ;)) since i will most likely end up screwing something up and not liking it. but i want to play with one and do some write ups about the different mods.

1. I will probably drill the baffles.
2. Remove the baffles (if i can without cutting up the muffle)
3 completely gut the muffler.

I will take pictures of each step of the process and also take some recordings of each step as to get an idea of what all the differences are.

Let me know if any of you have a stock muffler in usable condition (scratched or dented it OK since it is for experimentation, just not destroyed).

Well for just the muffler, I think forty bucks and shipping would do it.
I am moving and don't want to move all that stuff unless I have to.

I have one with about 1000 miles on it. Do you need pipe and cat and
all or just the muffler?

just the muffler, all i would do with the pipe and cat would be to gut it, but that is fairly self explanatory, i will take it if it is in the package, but can;t think of too many experiments for those.

Well for just the muffler, I think forty bucks and shipping would do it.
I am moving and don't want to move all that stuff unless I have to.

how much does that thing weight? Shipping cost to 03244? Might have to wait a couple weeks though, i just found out that my car needs about $1000 worth of work...:(

It's OK to wait till you recover from the auto repair expenses.
I don't remember the muffler being all that heavy, but I will get back to you
on that. I think shipping would take about a week via Parcel Post.
Just let me know and I'll wrap it up.
I'm sure I'll never put it back on my bike.

I think as long as it weights less than 70lbs and in the US there is a flat rate for a regular box...it's like 10 bucks...if it weights more that 5 pounds than the flat rate is cheaper...

Hey there, I drilled out my bafffels, it takes a foot long drill bit. Plus it was a little louder, but not much so I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the upper middle part of the pipe that goes into the muffler. VERY HAPPY NOW, its tuff, mean, and quite and the red lights, sounds very racy when your moving. I plan on primering the muffler, and pipe this winter so it doesn't rust.

Hey there, I drilled out my bafffels, it takes a foot long drill bit. Plus it was a little louder, but not much so I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the upper middle part of the pipe that goes into the muffler. VERY HAPPY NOW, its tuff, mean, and quite and the red lights, sounds very racy when your moving. I plan on primering the muffler, and pipe this winter so it doesn't rust.

thanks for the new idea, i will add that to my list of mods, the trick will be what order to do them so that i can get them all done without screwing up the next step. i suppose if i drill the extra hold i can always fill it back in before doing the complete Gut of the muffler. (see thread called "Inside")

Anyone else got a $40 dollar stocker? I'm interested too! Maybe Rob and I can work together on this and experiment with different cuts/holes? Good winter project with some beers!

Anyone else got a $40 dollar stocker? I'm interested too! Maybe Rob and I can work together on this and experiment with different cuts/holes? Good winter project with some beers!

We could experiment together, it will be cute! wait that sounded bad... if you want to split this then we can both work on it, shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to run through the mods and put the thing on and off one of the bikes. no need to replicate efforts, especially since we live so close.

We could experiment together, it will be cute! wait that sounded bad... if you want to split this then we can both work on it, shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to run through the mods and put the thing on and off one of the bikes. no need to replicate efforts, especially since we live so close.

I'm just thinking that if we find something that appeals to both of us, we can implement it at the same time. Outside of the muffler, I have other plans for the "looks" too! :D

I'm just thinking that if we find something that appeals to both of us, we can implement it at the same time. Outside of the muffler, I have other plans for the \"looks\" too! :D

thats why i want to have one to experiment with, start small and move on up with the mods, that way if we/I go beyond the sound that i like i will know where to stop on the one that i am going to keep.

Ya know I had mine for sale for weeks. I would of given it to you if you just paid shipping. BUT... this past Tuesday I got the $hit$ of looking at it so I threw it into the trash.:(

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/7247-stock-2007-fz6-muffler.html

dammit... i had a spell where i dropped off the forum completely while house shopping, moving, and settling in, i completely forgot about that thread... It is a shame, Sorry... have they picked up the bins yet?

As you can see though this has been on my mind for a while...

Back