Wanting back my FZ6

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all
I had sold my FZ6 about 3 years ago and really wish I hadn't. Been keeping my eye out for one lately. If you have one to sell or know of someone in Louisiana or Miss. please send them my way on here. I really miss that bike!
Thanks
Sherry

fazerkid78

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on your search! I had a 2006 model I put 50000 miles on and have missed it ever since. I just picked up a 2008 with 1800 miles near Pensacola, Florida and am in the process of changing fluids and getting her refreshed for being back on the road again. I've had about 20 bikes over the years including a BMW R1250RS and the Fz6 is still my favorite!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep tossing up wether to go to an XSR 900 or stick with the FZ. I like the idea of extra low torque, ABS and just a new bike. But will I miss the FZ6? The weight and ergs are quite similar but the XSR is a wild little beast by all accounts- I've been tooing and froing for about 3 years now!

durk96

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the big tank on my 2004 FZ6.....although it seems to drain fast when the revs are up high :) Was just speaking with my neighbor, he has a Harley and he is always working on it....mine just goes and the girls LOVE it!

fazerkid78

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The XSR looks awesome except that it has an almost non existent rear seat like most new naked bikes out there. Makes it super hard to strap a small backpack to the tail section. I hate riding w a backpack on my back so it may not be a deal breaker to you. That 3 cylinder motor is an absolute beast. It's brutal compared to the smoothness of the FZ6 I feel like.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and have an XSR now, yes the rear is tiny in comparison, I am going to put on a carrier rack once I have got used to the bike. It is awesome to ride and not so brutal in its B mode, still very responsive but its 250cc bigger than the FZ6 so you would expect that. I havnt even got to "standard" throttle response let alone the "A" mode, I think they are going to be very interesting- maybe for the highway but zipping around the city B mode is more than satisfactory.
The ergs are really nice, in fact I think its more comfortable than the FZ. The bars feel slightly higher and its quite an upright seating position.