Weapons R Mufflers Installed

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got around to fabricating up the Weapons R muffler install and before I start lets just say it's a pile off work but I did enjoy doing it. It takes an enormous amount of time measuring for an exact fit, trying it on the bike then adjusting and trying again. Second time would be easier because I now have a copy. If someone can let me know how to post video I have a couple with the bike running with and without the db killers.

So here is the muffler I'll be using. It made from stainless steel and has removable muffler. It's available in a slanted tip or straight tip. The body is 4" in diameter so it fits nicely.

820-115-101.jpg

The first thing I did was to remove the mounting bracket off the top so I could position the muffler to the dimensions I needed and then welded it back on. I then cut the hanger off the stock muffler then welded it on the new one. In the photo below you can see the angle I used so that it would flow better with the bike lines. If you look at your stock exhaust from underneath you can see it's wider at the front.

IMG_0099.JPG

I painted the welds with high heat paint to prevent them from rusting. I wasn't using stainless wire in the mig. You can see how the muffler is mounted using the Yamaha mounting method.
IMG_0103.JPG

"Y" pipe bent using a exhaust bending machine. Sorry for the poor pictures but I was using my Iphone while I was working.
IMG_0102.JPG

Mounted on the bike.
IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

So here is the finished install.
CIMG2246.JPG

CIMG2247.JPG

Pictures without DB killers
CIMG2255.JPG

CIMG2256.JPG

Pictures with DB killers installed.

CIMG2263.JPG

CIMG2262.JPG

From top
CIMG2266.JPG

"Y" pipe, it looks close but it's not.
CIMG2257.JPG

CIMG2260.JPG

Plate and light mounting
CIMG2259.JPG

I not sure how to post video directly to the forum but I'll give the links. I someone could help me with that.

The first video is with the DB killers in.
Yamaha FZ6 Weapon R 820-115-101 with DB Killers Installed - YouTube

The second video is with DB killers out. The exhaust is deeper at idle and louder when revved.
Yamaha FZ6 Weapon R 820-115-101 no DB Killers - YouTube

Let me know how it compares to the "purchased" offerings. I have to say it was a pile of work and I would rate it a 9 out of 10 for difficultly but it was fun to do.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is very impressive Im jealous.
I wish I had another source of transport so I had time for the FZ to be off the road so I could maybe try a mod like this
Its the exact look I would like to achieve
Nice one

znorq

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds and looks very nice, have been thinking about making my own exhaust all winter now, and i think your post has finally convinced me to get out to the garage :)

this is the model of mufflers you got right ? Weapon-R 820-114-101 Universal Racing Mufflers

cheap and good looking, just like it should be.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds and looks very nice, have been thinking about making my own exhaust all winter now, and i think your post has finally convinced me to get out to the garage :)

this is the model of mufflers you got right ? Weapon-R 820-114-101 Universal Racing Mufflers

cheap and good looking, just like it should be.

That's the one. They actually sent me the straight cut one first but I returned it for the slant cut one.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks and sounds fantastic! Very similar to how Leo Vince sounded on my 6.

The videos.. you can only directly embed the youtube ones. They get embedded automatically. Everything else will be a link.

znorq

Reaction score
Visit site
didn't realize that there were different types, ordered a pair and specified just in case (slantcut / polished finish). thanks for the heads up :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great job! Never saw those before and that opens up another great alternative for aftermarket exhaust for the FZ6. Very cool! :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ruggy - Great Job!
I have something in the works my self - bought stock muffler just to do as you've done and chopping it up for the OEM mounts. I LOVE that you did that here! Makes a nice clean install.

So, how does it sound under load going down the road? Do you like it?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is honestly the first time that I have seriously begun to consider a mod in the exhaust division... well thank you very much for putting this bad bad thought into my head :spank:

Looks and sounds equally great :thumbup:

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
So, how does it sound under load going down the road? Do you like it?

Don't have a clue. We just got dumped on and there is at least 3 feet of snow in my front yard! Sucks. This time last year I was already riding and we had T shirt weather. Last night we had a low of -28C. So much for global warming. Sorry for venting.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if you'd be willing to make these for other members, cost plus money for time and shipping. If interested. let me know.

I may just sell this one. I kind of want to try a straight tip and see how long the second one would take to make and do a different mount. If I can get a jig set up to be able to make them all exactly the same I may and the second one would help determine that. Most of my time was spent measuring and trying on the bike. Cutting and welding would be quick.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you don't mind me adding a little info!
R1 TWIN MINI 10X10X4 / Tip Size 3" X 2
MSRP: 120.00
Item Number: 820-115-101
The WR Inter-Lock Universal Muffler System allows tuners, to change the length and style of your exhaust system.
The muffler and exhaust tips are completely made of 304 stainless steel and then tig welded and hand polished to a show quality finish. This system was designed to allow adjustment of length and style of the exhaust tip, perfect for vehicles with newly added Body Kits.

Muffler available in Polished and Satin Black.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you don't mind me adding a little info!
R1 TWIN MINI 10X10X4 / Tip Size 3" X 2
MSRP: 120.00
Item Number: 820-115-101
The WR Inter-Lock Universal Muffler System allows tuners, to change the length and style of your exhaust system.
The muffler and exhaust tips are completely made of 304 stainless steel and then tig welded and hand polished to a show quality finish. This system was designed to allow adjustment of length and style of the exhaust tip, perfect for vehicles with newly added Body Kits.

Muffler available in Polished and Satin Black.

No problem with adding the info. I found them on Amazon for $101 and free shipping.