Weekend in VT Aug 13th - 15th... You coming???

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last year, we had a meet in VT with a Sat. ride and had a great group from Friday through Sunday. We stayed at the Kitzhof Inn where the British couple of Simon and Alison were very gracious hosts! The place is very nice to stay at and the meals are great!

Since my wife and I cannot make the Deal's Gap FZ1 meet, I'm sending out feelers to see who would dedicate a weekend to meet and ride with this place as the meeting house and ride start. Routes are open for discussion from that place outward.

I'm checking with Simon to see what he has available for a group of 10 - 12 people for the next 4 to 5 weekends. Any thoughts folks? Who could make it maybe in mid-August for a weekend? Looking like the most availability is the weekend of Aug 14th/15th for them.

Thanks all!!

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Weekend in VT?

I could make it that weekend! The weekend before I have a business picnic, the weekend after is my sisters wedding, so this would be perfect for me! And this year I'll try real hard NOT to hurt myself so I can attend!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That would be awesome Cheryl! Thanks!

So, Simon emailed me back and this is the scoop!

The rate for 10-12 riders
Accommodation ONLY
Single (one person in a room) $75 per night
Double (two in a room) $ 95 per night
Triple(three in a room) $115 per night

OR

If you book 10 rooms or more I can do you a group package with
2 nights accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 1 evening meal, gratuity and Tax
Single $ 161.70
Double $ 275.00
Triple $359.70

The evening meal for the weekend of August 13-15 is British style “Fish and Chips” My own recipe beer battered cod with steak fries, home made coleslaw and pickles.

Cheers! Simon @ the Kitzhof Inn

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

what would it be with 4 in a room? that seemed to work out well for the 4 of us last year? Keira and I are in Lurking mode, but probably can make this! Maybe Keira will even get to ride her own bike this year :)

Only downside to this inn in August was that there was no A/C in the rooms from what i recall...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

what would it be with 4 in a room? that seemed to work out well for the 4 of us last year? Keira and I are in Lurking mode, but probably can make this! Maybe Keira will even get to ride her own bike this year :)

Only downside to this inn in August was that there was no A/C in the rooms from what i recall...

Unsure about 4 in a room since he did not post that up. I'll have to ask. :D That would be cool to head out again and all meet up for another weekend in VT. We'd have to pick some different routes though.

We have a couple on the FZ1 forum interested thus far. I know it is short notice with only a month to go but plans here changed and we need to have some fun before she cannot ride for the rest of the season.

I'm looking to fill up 10 rooms at the least. Don't forget, this includes a FULL breakfast both mornings for either cost. :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Also wanted to point out that the 2 night package price is WITH tax and gratuity already added... that IS the final cost for people for TWO nights and three meals. Not bad!!!

We'll want to decide soon and book fast. Often times, if we sleep on it too long, we miss out because other groups call and book. This selected weekend only has a few rooms booked thus far (maybe three?) So, we can fill the place and dominate!

We have a father/son duo interested in coming from the FZ1 forum.

So, we have interest from:

1. Eric (Me!)
2. Michele (Me's wifey)
3. Billy (FZ1 site)
4. Richie (Billy's son)
5, Rob (FZ6 site)
6. Keira (FZ6 site)
7. Cheryl (FZ6 site)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, Billy and Richie had to bail. No other interest so far... It's late in the game to plan it much further so I think we're going to wash this out but, I'm sure that if you all still want to go, you don't need us two to make it happen and Simon will be more than happy to have you all. ;)

Looks like the wife and I will be taking a 4 day weekend and going to Philly instead. Sorry and thanks!

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out it couldn't work for me. Thanks for the effort Eric. Hopefully we'll get to meet one of these days. I plan a trip to Keene, NH before the riding season is over. I'll keep you posted. Safe travels.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out it couldn't work for me. Thanks for the effort Eric. Hopefully we'll get to meet one of these days. I plan a trip to Keene, NH before the riding season is over. I'll keep you posted. Safe travels.

Let us know when you come out, Keene is a half hour from my house - we can do dinner or something

Sorry this didn't work this year, Eric, we'll plan earlier and better next year!