New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Home! Thanks all for a fantastic weekend. Great seeing the NH weekend folks again, and meeting the new guys. Coming home, decided to swing down through North Adams and take rt 2 through the Berkshires - nice run with another hairpin!

Can't wait to see the pics and video! (again) :D

Check out my gallery Tom... might even be a new avatar in there for ya!

Glad to be in AC now! :D

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just made it home! Greg and I traveled the back roads to the Lincoln, NH, rode the Kancamagus, and then made our way home. The trip to Lincoln was spectacular. Just more superb roads. The Kanc was very busy. At the top was a 20+ group of sport-riders all in shorts and tanktops or t-shirts :squid:
The ride back was a let down after the great roads yesterday and earlier today. 107 was decent until it DOWNPOURED on us several times :eek: But hey, riding soaking wet is a lot cooler! 315 miles and about 7.5 hours in the saddle today.

All in all it was a great weekend and great meeting you all.

Thanks to all who planned, organized, led and swept!

Pics coming as soon as my butt re-acquires sensation.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like you had a great day today too, I wish we didn't have to blast out of there so early this morning, but it was worth it to get to see my baby today :)

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Back home! Took the long way down route 8 and hit the usual sunday night traffic getting back to the city, but it was well worth it.. Great ride, great people, great weekend!

I'll go through the pics and videos tonight and will post the interesting bits :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! You two really went THAT far in the heat today?!?! Nice! We took a more direct route home and she's been doing classwork since we stepped into the house.

Hey! If anyone finds my arse in VT, can you mail it to me? :rof:

Ok, we're got check-ins from the following:

Rob & Keira
Eric & Michele
Tom
Scott
Ares & Ed
John
Victor

We need to hear from:

Greg
Joe
Dave

John, did you drop Greg at his place? Know he is home?

Thanks all for checking in!

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, everyone. Got home at 7:30pm. Had to do more miles to dry off my rain wet gear before heading home. hahaha

My total miles for the entire trip is 775.

What an awesome weekend!!!! Thank you all, and it was a pleasure to meet each and everyone.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent! That leaves Joe who can hopefully vouch for Dave. When did Joe leave?

Thanks Victor and Greg for checking in! Glad you're home safe!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew! Ok, NOW we can claim a 100% successful weekend!

Thanks all for such a GREAT time and for keeping it safe!

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you all had such a great time, wish I could have made it, but the doctor said wait till Sept. before I ride (shoulder wrecked from skiing accident in Feb.) It's been hell not riding this year! I saw all the great pics, washed the bike and took it out today, felt great, what do doctors know anyway? No Offense to our medical members. I won't be missing the next New England ride.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm the blue '07 you guys happened upon at a gas station on 100 on Sunday, riding with a black bonnie.

I'd like to check this place out, seems like a more concentrated version of what I'm used to (sportbikes.net's fz6 forum) but my old browser on this work pc does NOT like the remaining 7 items to be downloaded on your pages... something about the gif buttons to go to message inbox, etc. If I just load the pages normally, they hang up and crash my browser 100% of the time, so the only way to go anywhere and post and such is to let most of the page load and then quick hit STOP so it doesn't get hung up. And the stock settings here with IT are to disable me downloading anything whatsoever, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

sigh.

At any rate, we were out for 3 days, and did 581.5 miles, camping in the national forest both nights.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm the blue '07 you guys happened upon at a gas station on 100 on Sunday, riding with a black bonnie.

I'd like to check this place out, seems like a more concentrated version of what I'm used to (sportbikes.net's fz6 forum) but my old browser on this work pc does NOT like the remaining 7 items to be downloaded on your pages... something about the gif buttons to go to message inbox, etc. If I just load the pages normally, they hang up and crash my browser 100% of the time, so the only way to go anywhere and post and such is to let most of the page load and then quick hit STOP so it doesn't get hung up. And the stock settings here with IT are to disable me downloading anything whatsoever, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

sigh.

At any rate, we were out for 3 days, and did 581.5 miles, camping in the national forest both nights.

Glad you made it! I am the one with the loaded down FZ1 that was with the yellow FZ6R (my wife).

I think you will find this place a lot more friendly and social than the other site. We have a great group of admins/mods here who keep everyone in check. The staff is spread over the world so we have monitoring in most time zones. :D

Regarding the browser... Can you see what your experience is outside of work? It may be some of the ads that are trying to load and the company's proxy or firewall is blocking them. What version of IE are you on?

Enjoy the site and let us know if it works outside of work. We don't have any other complaints about this though.

We were also out for 3 days... I pegged 565 miles for those three. What a fanstastic weekend! Great weather, great riding, great Inn and a really great group of friends!

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on IE6, which is ooooold. Had this work laptop for 2+ years now, so I should be due. In the meantime I'll get by.

I was drooling over the FZ1. I like the look of those better than the 6, at least the 1's from about 4 or 5 years ago. I like the flatter headlights, much more "Ducati 916" than "angry bee." But I didn't buy this bike to look at, I bought it to get me everywhere all the time with minimal downtime.

Coupla quick pictures of some roads we were on, all in VT:

dscn0122s.jpg

dscn0204h.jpg

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Full disclosure: I am a transplant Masshole. Been here 3 years, more or less, came here from Wisconsin (Madison) and grew up in Georgia before that. I dread "where are you from?"

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I can, but I choose not to. A few beers in me and the southern comes back out though. That, or talking to my dad on the phone. By the end of a half-hour call I catch myself twangin' it up.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

sigh.

Welcome! I was the silver 04 at the pumps when you rolled in - glad you decided to check out the forum.