Information Well that was pointless...

Sdaniels

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was really hoping a new clutch cable would improve things a bit. I even lubed it to be 150% sure there would be absolutely no unnecessary resistance. I barely feel any difference in lever pull & I'm not sure that isn't wishful thinking. I'll be picking up a Magura hydraulic in the next few months.

Sdaniels

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you install the longer Yamaha "clutch lever" , attached to the engine, (which the lower part of your clutch cable attaches to?)

I installed one, probably made it 25% less pull and more of an engagement zone...

Yamaha part # 1WS-16340-00.
Yeah, I've read about that but was hoping it was the cable that was the main issue. When my son first got the bike I took the lever at the handlebar off & cleaned up/greased the pivot. Bloody thing was nearly siezed up. It helped quite a bit. I don't have a problem with the short engagement zone but it's just not a smooth, even release. I think it's the design flaw in the cable...those two 90 degree bends.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you install the longer Yamaha "clutch lever" , attached to the engine, (which the lower part of your clutch cable attaches to?)

I installed one, probably made it 25% less pull and more of an engagement zone...

Yamaha part # 1WS-16340-00.
Plus One on this... I have it, I believe it has helped and not an expensive 'fix'/tweak.

Sdaniels

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it didn't feel like much difference with the new cable but the first ride tells a different story. Much better, smoother release...but I still plan to do the hydraulic unit.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Appreciate the link, I’m also waiting for that clutch assist unit if that doesn’t help much I’ll do the MT07 lever mod aswell and see how it ends up to be.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
How does it work? I see two short cables and a "box"...
<--- This is one of the few videos I found on it (which is a bit concerning but might aswell try it) If you go through the video real quick you will understand instantly how it works. It looks kind of promising, I already ordered it, shipping times are really long where I live because it's an island but once it arrives I'll install and update just for anyone who is interested. :)