Went for a ride to 3 parks with photos to share.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I decided it was time to go see some nice scenery. I went to Pleasant Ridge County Park, Bald Rock Heritage, and Ceasar Head. I was kind of nervous taking off alone with no map or real plan on how to get there for sure. This bike has opened a whole new world to me. I had never been there and only knew it existed by ppl telling me about it. I don't have a tremendous amount of photos but do have some to share. I hope someday to get me a good helmet cam and find even better things to take photos of and share with all you guys. If I had a helmet cam you guys could have seen this dude on a R1 or at least thats what it seemed like it was. He was decked out. He had some bad gear and set up. I was heading back down the mountain going around a very very sharp turn on the outside. He came flying on the inside headed up the mountain was like a flash of lighting lol. I am going to give directions to how I got there for ppl in the area so if you decide to go or just want to know how I got there.
Enjoy.

The first 15 photos are of a mountain I seen on the way. There is houses and a American Flag way up at the top.

The 2nd set of photos are of Pleasant Ridge County Park. I actually passed it and turned around to head up . There was a lot of ppl at the lake playing and eating. It was pretty cool but that was all I could find.

The 3rd set of photos are of Bald Rock Heritage Preserve. I was rounding a curve and in a glance seen the giant rock with ppl walking up it. I had to turn around to see why all those ppl were going up that rock. I was glad I did.

The 4th set of photos are of Ceasar Head. It is at the top of the mountain on a cliff. The view was awesome. I over heard a visitor asking a park ranger if anyone can live in the house that are in the middle of the State Park below. He told them why yes if you had enough money. He pointed to one of the houses below and said matter a fact that one down there is for sale. The asking price is 1.4 million dollars. Then I heard a bunch of kids screaming so I couldn't hear what else he was saying until the kids stopped. Then I heard him say it had all kind of stuff but I remember 4 bathrooms and a elevator. :eek:

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for anyone interested I got on Hwy 11 to Campobello the headed west on Hwy 11 to hwy 276 going north straight into Ceasar Head and by the other parks on the way. O and it took around 4hrs and I went 115 miles.

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
More of Ceasar.

Ceasars Head? Thats up there around Hwy 276 and Hwy 178 correct? That name rings a bell from around around that way...

If so, did you get up on those roads?

-bryan

Edit: I re read the thread. That is off of 276. 276 Both south and North of Hwy 64 is an amazing stretch of road. You can make a loop all the way up 276 to the parkway then back down 215 to Hwy 64 then down 178 to 11 again. Great Loop!

Last edited:

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you had a great day out amd thanks for sharing the photo's, Wish I was able to get out at the moment on the bike with the camera. I went out last sunday on the FZ6 with my mate on his Trophy 900 remebered to take the camera but forgot to take any pics!
What camera do you have? Looks like you have the same problem as me with dust on your sensor showing in a few shots? A rocket blower works for me.:D

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ceasars Head? Thats up there around Hwy 276 and Hwy 178 correct? That name rings a bell from around around that way...

If so, did you get up on those roads?

-bryan

Edit: I re read the thread. That is off of 276. 276 Both south and North of Hwy 64 is an amazing stretch of road. You can make a loop all the way up 276 to the parkway then back down 215 to Hwy 64 then down 178 to 11 again. Great Loop!

Yes I went up 276 to Ceasar Head and then came back down 276 to Hwy 11. I was talking to a friend today actually who told me about Hwy 64 and the loop him and his wife was getting ready to do today. He asked me to go but I couldn't had to stay to watch the Panthers. I hope they win. But next time I do plan on taking the loop my friend talked about. Also you are correct the roads were awesome. It was new and challenging to me to taking curves like that is up there not to mention the constant drastic elevation change of the roads while trying to take the curves. I plan on going back sometime real soon.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you had a great day out amd thanks for sharing the photo's, Wish I was able to get out at the moment on the bike with the camera. I went out last sunday on the FZ6 with my mate on his Trophy 900 remebered to take the camera but forgot to take any pics!
What camera do you have? Looks like you have the same problem as me with dust on your sensor showing in a few shots? A rocket blower works for me.:D
As I am a newbie with riding bikes. I am also with cameras and takening pics. Sorry if any the pics weren't as good as they could have been. I see all you guys share your rides and the terrain in your area you live and I just wanted to share the same. Thanks for pointing the dust out on the pic. I will make sure to wipe that off next time :). The camera is my wifes. I will type what it has on it but I don't know what any of it mean. Sony 7.2 mega pixels megamovie vx dsc-w7 3x optical zoom cyber-shot.

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
As I am a newbie with riding bikes. I am also with cameras and takening pics. Sorry if any the pics weren't as good as they could have been. I see all you guys share your rides and the terrain in your area you live and I just wanted to share the same. Thanks for pointing the dust out on the pic. I will make sure to wipe that off next time :). The camera is my wifes. I will type what it has on it but I don't know what any of it mean. Sony 7.2 mega pixels megamovie vx dsc-w7 3x optical zoom cyber-shot.
Ah its a compact, please accept my apologies, I was thinking it was a DSLR which can get dust on the CCD sensor when the lens is removed and another fitted. It shouldn't be a problem with a compact, was the lens dusty?
Sony make some nice cameras, and the cybershots are neat, I treated myself to a new Sony A700 earlier in the year.
So that's 2 things that I will struggle to use to their full potential. The Bike and the camera.

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to share the pics! I enjoyed them. Nice to get a feel for what rides are out there in other places at this time of year. Most of our leaves are down now and the nights are fairly frosty here. :(

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah its a compact, please accept my apologies, I was thinking it was a DSLR which can get dust on the CCD sensor when the lens is removed and another fitted. It shouldn't be a problem with a compact, was the lens dusty?
Sony make some nice cameras, and the cybershots are neat, I treated myself to a new Sony A700 earlier in the year.
So that's 2 things that I will struggle to use to their full potential. The Bike and the camera.
Np man. I was offended. And I am not sure if it was dusty. I just knew I didn't know if it was dusty or not. I was assuming this was something that could have happend to some of the pics due to you telling me you could see the dust. But np have a good day and take care. Thanks for the positive comments on my trip and picks glad everyone likes them. :)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I went up 276 to Ceasar Head and then came back down 276 to Hwy 11. I was talking to a friend today actually who told me about Hwy 64 and the loop him and his wife was getting ready to do today. He asked me to go but I couldn't had to stay to watch the Panthers. I hope they win. But next time I do plan on taking the loop my friend talked about. Also you are correct the roads were awesome. It was new and challenging to me to taking curves like that is up there not to mention the constant drastic elevation change of the roads while trying to take the curves. I plan on going back sometime real soon.

Yea Hwy 276 there at Ceasers head is great. If only the road surface was a bit better. However I do enjoy the switch backs were they have the passing lanes. Makes for some interesting lines through there!

Next time I get down there I will getting some pictures of it!

-bryan