What bike did you learn on?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Just kinda wanna see what street bike everybody learned on.

I came from dirt but my learning bike was a Honda Rebel 250.. Fun around town but scary on highways.

So, what did you guys all learn on? ;)

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
My CBT was done on a 125cc Chinese bike called a Sinnis Stealth, wasn't that bad but then I didn't know any better!
For my full licesnse I was on a Kawa ER500 - I was in love with it as you could imagine from the step in power from 125 to 500 and it could turn on a penny!

PB4UGO

Reaction score
Visit site
I also started on the dirt, but my first street bike was an early eighties kz305 it was a good easy to ride starter bike.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike was an fz6

Edit: My first bike was an Fz6 for about 2,000 miles before I totaled it. Then I got an Fz1 and would say that is where my real education began.

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
did a couple of days on a 125 (maybe suzuki? I don't remember), then a few days on a CB500 for my test, then bought my FZ6 a week after I passed

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Schwinn. :D

TW200 when I was a teenager. Ridden friend's bikes here and there but never owned one until last year (FZ6) as I hit pre mid-life crisis.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
haha my bike learning was full of power. other then my first bike, started on a yamaha TZR 50. then my dad let me ride his 2002 yamaha R6 on private land, then he brought an FZ6 and by the time i was 17 he gave me that which was supposed to be interested.

Shortly after he upgraded to an R1 2007 and i also got to ride this before i was even 18 :O

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent thread!

I learned on THIS beast!! (Riga Delta, 50cc, 2sp, 5hp!!)

delta.jpg

I was 13 and rode the crap out of that thing. ZERO safety gear, zero clue.. lucky to not have been killed really.. no rules or rider education in Soviet Lativia back then.

I then took a long break from riding and when I came back, I learned to ride properly (in terms of gear and safety) on a Ninja 250 :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Started on the dirt.

First street bike (1977) was a 1975 Yamaha RD 350, 2 stroke, twin, bright orange! Great little bike, simple, classic, till I wrecked it when a dumb ass turned left in front of me, totalling it..

Drag racing, it'd take my friends 1000cc HD Sportster way back then (it was his baby, had big $'s into it) to about 80MPH.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent thread!

I learned on THIS beast!! (Riga Delta, 50cc, 2sp, 5hp!!)

delta.jpg

I was 13 and rode the crap out of that thing. ZERO safety gear, zero clue.. lucky to not have been killed really.. no rules or rider education in Soviet Lativia back then.

I then took a long break from riding and when I came back, I learned to ride properly (in terms of gear and safety) on a Ninja 250 :thumbup:

Love the rear fender "Extender" and the kick starter holder/string!!!

Reaction score
Visit site
The first rode bike has a '70 CB350.. Prior to that, it was mini-bikes & my brothers' Honda 125 on/off road.
I can still hear my bro screaming: "downshift means DOWN on the shift" :Flip:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody in my family rides so I naturally had nothing to start on...never so much as sat on a bike, I showed up home with a 1995 YZF600R when I was 19...needless to say it made my mother cry and everybody was pretty pissed.
I spent that night riding around my neighborhood, in the rain, in shorts and a tshirt, no title, no license, no insurance, with no helmet(i didnt even have one yet) I rode the crap out of that thing for the next couple of months and then bought the FZ :D
I miss that pile of awesomeness!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the rear fender "Extender" and the kick starter holder/string!!!

Just wanna mention that's not actually MY bike.. mine was just like it, but without the fancy extender or the string to hold kick starter in place :D

It was a spectacular piece of crap though. :rof:

Jaimeto

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my first bike a few months ago, febuary 17th, my very own 2006 fz6 with 7k miles :) Then I joined this kick ass community :spank:!