What Cities Have the Most Motorcycle Commuters?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
These Folks Commute on Two Wheels Commuting on a motorcycle is one of the most economical ways to get to work. It doesn’t make sense in all areas of North America at all times of the year, but it’s something I highly encourage more people to do. If you own a motorcycle and the weather’s ...
The post What Cities Have the Most Motorcycle Commuters? appeared first on Web Bike World.

More...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From 1990 to 2000 (before I got a take home car from the city) I commuted daily on a KLR 250 to work (about 15 miles each way).

Unless it was under 40F, I rode to work, (rain or shine), best part of the day!!

*Every 32,000 miles, I had to replace the left side, main crank bearing and AGAIN at about 64,000 miles. Sold it with 73,000 miles on the clock.

My '07, FZ is now my only bike and daily driver having more miles on it than my 2001 Four runner..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's how I got back into riding again. It was to commute to work and back. Before I knew it....

zrexrich

Reaction score
Visit site
I am shocked that a city in the Pacific Northwest was first in the survey (especially given the climate). What I also found shocking was not one of the cities listed was in California? Nice weather + legal lane splitting should equate to a lot of motorcycle commuters I would think. The pool of those surveyed must have been very small.
Since my commute has grown from 5 miles one way to +-30 miles one way (depending on what route I take) I bought the fz for commuting to keep the miles down on both my car and the Super Duke. I haven't really kept track but have noticed some motorcycle riders who commute year round as well. I drive a service truck in the downtown Portland area and I see a lot of people commuting by bicycle. Portland has encourage this by putting in bike only lanes and "green boxes" that allow bicyclists to filter to the front of the line at some intersections. These don't apply to motorcyclist though. The only "advantage" given legally to motorcyclists so far is the use of HOV lanes, but those are only in effect on I-5 during peak hours. There have been bills introduced to allow lane splitting in Oregon and Washington state for the past few years but they seem to fizzle out for one reason or another.