What did you do with your bike today?

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
The sun came out!!!!! the sun came out!!! Rode the bike to work today, and counting the hours until I can ride it home again......

Tell me about it! had mine out for a bit, was actually fairly warm, also today I did a oil change, first one I have done ever, was a bit tricky getting filter off even with filter wrench. Got it done in the end.

:D

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding north on US1 and turned back on I95 after my friend called me to meet her at the "Mardi Paws".

Overall I saw a lot of bikes on the road and mostly all the riders without helmet.

Heading south on I95 there was the indication of the left lane closure due to an accident. What a bad feeling to find out it was a motorcycle accident, I have not been able to find anything on the news.
When I went by the rider was on the ground surrounded by paramedics. The bike (it looked like a cruiser) was further down, I do remember looking at one leather saddle bag by itself in the left lane.

What a bad feeling, my thoughts are on the rider and his/her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my bike to the market to see if I could pack a half of basket of groceries in my tank and tail bags...With gas going up, my bike will be my grocery getter...Good to know I can carry a good size load in my bags...:rockon:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my 15 tooth front sprocket and Speedo healer. Then I used a bungie cord to hold my phone/GPS speedo onto the handlebar and checked the speed. It was dead on

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I pushed my bike to the gas station when I ran out of fuel! Good thing the gas station was across the street :) I knew I should have fueled up before heading to work. That will not be happening again.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looked at her while I did some work in the garage, and prayed for the snow to go away. OH yeah and world peace. Oh wait that would put me out of a job, never mind just no snow.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rode it along one of the best freaking roads i have had the pleasure of riding...endless bends, smooth surface, open fields of run off, no police, just pure motorcycle nirvana!!! And I have 4 fellow riders that rode it with me,who will wholeheartedly agree!

Loving life!

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
rode 168 miles today, trying to get used to the FZ6, which only has 176 miles. Break-in period, just trying to build up some mileage.
Behind got sore a little bit, nothing to bad.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode it along one of the best freaking roads i have had the pleasure of riding...endless bends, smooth surface, open fields of run off, no police, just pure motorcycle nirvana!!! And I have 4 fellow riders that rode it with me,who will wholeheartedly agree!

Loving life!

This will be my first season, and I agree...Loving Life!!!:rockon:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
Rode 75 miles one way to get new handle bars
Close to stock but less pull in and black to go with the rest of the bike
WILL PUT THEM ON TOMORROW WHEN i GET SOME NEW BAR ENDS:cheer:

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Registered my new bike on base today and had to figure out a place to stick the decals. My last bike I ruined the windshield trying to get them off so I decided to cut a plate and mount it so I can remove it when needed. I may do the same for the inspection sticker next year.

Plate painted.

2011-03-01_21-39-08_795.jpg

Mounted with decals.

2011-03-02_18-05-48_390.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode at night on the highway for the first time...Open roads, and very lite traffic in Ft Worth at 11:00pm...

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the 600 mile service done at Thousand Oaks Powersports and then did a ride through the hills of Malibu. Beautiful Day

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode 5 minutes to the hardware store. Then rode 10 minutes back a different way. Put her back in the shed and then I drank Tea:thumbup:

Lazy Saturday;)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Had today off,and the weather hit 75f +, so I tried to ride but, the wind speed was too high....The gust were 30mph+, and it didn't fill safe...:-(((
I'll have to try tomorrow...

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Today my '09 fz6 was delivered and I put the first 2 miles on it right before work!

..I still think I should've just called out.. :BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took off aftermarket mirrors with integrated indicators off the bike, and replaced with OEM FZ6 mirrors.

Touched up a few scratches on the frame with FZ6 Grey frame paint.

Removed Ceramic coated headers, replaced with OEM headers.

Degreased the motor.

Took CF inserts off rearsets, and replaced with OEM metal inserts.

Replaced a lost side radiator guard with new OEM replCEMENT ITEM.

Removed Oggy Knob frame sliders.

Took off aftermarket dual airhorns, and replaced with OEM horn.

Removed Universal throttle lock.

Removed Ohlins Steering damper.

All with a fair bit ofhelp from Ozzieboy....

:thumbup: