What do FZ6 riders graduate to in bikes?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Graduating....for some the FZ6 may be a steping stone to bigger and better things, but i dont look at it as graduating, i look at it as a different bike for a different gig....

I will be in the market for a litre bike capable of touring, with reasonable sports riding potential, when i get back from my upcoming tour of Tasmania.

Problem is, there is quite a bit of choice...but the FZ1 is still damn hard to look past!

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If money were no object i'd go with 2 exotics :thumbup:

1st. Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce :drool:
corsaro_1200_veloce_01.jpg

2nd. Bimoto DB7 :drool:
Bimota%20DB7%2009%20%201.jpg

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't heard of the SX, it looks like the Ninja 1000.

It's called the Ninja 1000 in the US. Suppose to hit the gab between the zx-10r SS bike and the z1000 naked really well. The US model is offered in red/black :drool: - but that color-combo is of course not available in Europe :shakehead:
Here is a link: 2011 Ninja® 1000 Sport - Kawasaki.com

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very happy with my FZ6 and really not looking into changing it.

Now, ignoring the money issue, these are the bikes I'd get:
Yamaha Vmax
Suzuki VStorm
Yamaha R6 (track bike)
BMW K1600GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
for me it's just wanting to try different things, plus as i gain experience my insurance gets cheaper, so other bikes become more accessible :)

currently i want to experience a v-twin, and somethign with a bigger engine :D

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I am completely happy with my FZ6, I don't really need or want something else for street riding no matter if it is twisty stuff or long touring, I love to do both on my bike, also I don't ride like a turtle but I am not a speed junkie either so no need for more. This year I will be putting a 15T front sprocket and upgrading my suspension to hyper pro progressive stuff, so I know I will be even happier.

However I desperately want an additional bike for the dual sport and adventure stuff.

The absolutely gorgeous (to me of course and that is what matters) Yamaha xt660z Ténéré, it's supposedly going to be sold here this year and I am expecting a big price, but anyway in this country it will always be that way

2009_Yamaha_Tenere_Easy_kit_1.jpg

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Graduating....for some the FZ6 may be a steping stone to bigger and better things, but i dont look at it as graduating, i look at it as a different bike for a different gig....

Stealing my thoughts Wolfy. Have been thinking the same thing since I first seen the topic of this thread :thumbup:

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably go into a FZ1 or FJR1300 if I get into more touring. Would love to get more of an off road bike like the BMW GS 800 to do some trail riding but I am too short to ride any of the Enduro type bikes.

For now I just use my FZ6 for commuting and some occasional short day tours on the highway.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Triumph Speed Triple for me! :D

Old_site_2011_colours_New_Speed_Triple_Diablo_red_534x309.jpg

If money wasn't an issue:

Ducati Streetfighter S

duc-sf.png

Last edited:

bjorn240

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the good fortune to ride a huge number of bikes, and as of right now, there's nothing that I really really lust for. I suppose a Ducati 900SS FE, a FJR1300, and a R60/2 would be fun to have in the stable. I'd also like a 20+hp Honda C70. Because that would be fun.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I have test ridden a few dream bikes. I went to showrooms pretending I wanted to buy. Cheap day out.

I have ridden and loved a night rod

View attachment 33614

But hands down the best bike I have ever ridden by a long long way was a triumph street triple r. The most amazing engine you have ever come across in the fastest turning chassis ever. With the comfort of an fz6.

View attachment 33615

cjbrewer

Reaction score
Visit site
It's called the Ninja 1000 in the US. Suppose to hit the gab between the zx-10r SS bike and the z1000 naked really well. The US model is offered in red/black :drool: - but that color-combo is of course not available in Europe :shakehead:
Here is a link: 2011 Ninja® 1000 Sport - Kawasaki.com

THe ninja 1000 and the z1000 are the same bike. The only difference is the z1000 is naked and the ninja 1000 has full fairing. Im torn between the two. I've also been eyeing a triumph street striple

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
images

FJR 1300. :drool: More room for me and the missus, and loads of get-up-and-go!

Mark me down for the FJR. In fact, I will soon be listing my Stratoliner for sale to buy the FJR. For me, I do not like the current colors available in the FJR but I love the bike.

Does anyone like the Benelli's? I love those crazy looking exotics. If a Ducati is a Ferrari then the Benelli must be a Lamborgini.