what do you do to keep your hands and feet dry

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
today i got a frog toggs suit but the shop didn't have anything for the hands and feet. i'm going to place an order for something on monday. what you y'all found that works well?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
For the feet i use my waterproof steel toe Timberland's, they're waterproof but still comfortable enough to use on a day t day basis, for the hands i have a pair of neoprene hunting gloves that do the trick, looks a little odd wearing camo gloves on a street bike but hey, whatever works :thumbup: I'm sure somebody out there sells waterproof gloves, come to think of it, a pair of leather gloves w/o holes in em sound like they'd do the trick, now you've got me wondering about alternatives lol.... will get back to you if i dig anything else up!

Edit: now that i think of it my friend has a pair of alpinestar casual boots he says work great, mind you they were $50 more than my timberlands but hey, prolly looks better on a bike :)

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
one of my riding buds has a pair of booties that work well....

they do look ghey as hell though

Compare Motorcycle Rain Boot Covers | Motorcycle-Gifts.com

Yeah, and you don't feel any less lame when you're wearing them, i speak from experience, had to wear these once, i let myself get wet ever since then til i got my boots :spank: they do work though if you don't give a flying fart about what others think, which you shouldn't....come to think of it maybe i'll make a statement and buy a pair...:spank:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
For my feet, I wear Alpinestars Web Gor-Tex waterproof boots. They rock. Web Gore-tex Boot - Alpinestars Official Store

For my hands, I wear Fieldsheer overgloves. They work pretty well, my hands get damp after a couple of hours but they stay relatively dry and warm. Fieldsheer Overgloves 2.0 - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore Don't know what's up with the white and black they are showing in that picture. Mine are all black.

Those boots are the best :thumbup: Ive worn them in some serious down poors & they have never let me down.

RST Pro gloves for the hands. Warm & dry in the winter time.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Tourmaster waterproof touring boots and plain Olympic gel gloves when it's warm. When the temps drop, I have a pair of Olympic waterproof cold-weather gauntlets I wear on the hands.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Surgical gloves underneath. They work awesome under your gloves if it's cold out too. Down to whatever your gloves with liners would cover, anyway. But if it's hot, I'm usually not so worried about my hands getting wet. I might invest in some waterproof gloves when I take a trip on the bike.

I wear my duty boots most of the time when I'm riding, so they're waterproof.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
not gonna happen. main thing is i'm heading out on friday with my father-in-law and brother-in-law for a week. we're heading maine and back. looking at the weather report we have a decent chance of running into rain. and it'll be in the 60's. i've done that before and it's not fun to be cold and wet. i don't like riding in rain, but i wouldn't mind it so much if i could stay relatively dry. the hands seem to be the tricky part.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
spada waterproof boots, and RST WP gloves for me, never had wet feet or hands

that said i'm going to upgrade my boots to something with better protection

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not gonna happen. main thing is i'm heading out on friday with my father-in-law and brother-in-law for a week. we're heading maine and back. looking at the weather report we have a decent chance of running into rain. and it'll be in the 60's. i've done that before and it's not fun to be cold and wet. i don't like riding in rain, but i wouldn't mind it so much if i could stay relatively dry. the hands seem to be the tricky part.

Overgloves then. They're cheap and fold up extremely small. You have the choice of wearing them or not. They seem cumbersome but in fact don't add a lot of bulk. They also do pretty well keeping your hands warm in bitter cold weather by blocking the wind.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
that's where i've been leaning. what have you found as far as sizing? new enough says to pick a size smaller than you wear unless it's for gauntlet gloves, in which case you pick the size of the glove. what have you found from experience?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that's where i've been leaning. what have you found as far as sizing? new enough says to pick a size smaller than you wear unless it's for gauntlet gloves, in which case you pick the size of the glove. what have you found from experience?

Sorry I missed this post. I have found that to be the case. They're big, so get one size smaller. I'm not sure if I have mediums or smalls, I can check later.