What helmet do you wear?

Duckman

Braapp
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there just getting some thoughts of a new helmet. What helmet do you wear? Feel free to reply with pics.EC9F64A0-5A20-4574-8996-94375D29BCC5.jpgF3CE364F-3DA7-4C33-A586-AB488C647AA2.jpg I wear the bell rogue camp edition with no mask.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an older Shoei RF1100 with the dragon graphics. But.... I still like my older helmet!

71Ndt4PER-L._UY741_.jpg

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm an oddball, I use different helmets for different types of rides or different bikes. Off the top of my head (that might be a pun) I have a Scorpion EXO modular, Shoei RF, AGV Open Face, Scorpion Full Face...and may have others. I tend to find helmets (and gloves) all over my house.

racerjase

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the Shoei RF1100 with a tinted screen. I think it is a great product. When you start to spend over $400.00 for helmet, I think you will tell the difference.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
A bunch of Shoei's (full face and flip up) plus a Schubreth.

Not to belittle your choice in an open face helmet as I used to wear one a long time ago until I met a guy missing half his jaw from a mc crash. As he explained......what's the first thing you will hit if you (heaven forbid) crash? your face. By the grind marks on my first Schubreth after Bambi took me and my FJR down I suspect my face would be missing parts if I hadn't been wearing a full face lid.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm probably older than you Red (I'm 57) and back in the early 70's when I started riding - there was no such thing as a full face helmet...not for 10 year olds anyway. When we raced MX we wore clip-on mouth guards...and their sole purpose was to keep mud off your teath - no other protection afforded. I don't think I got (or could afford) a full face helmet until the mid/late-80's. So I don't have a fear of open face helmets...not that your reasons aren't 100% valid...it's just I'm conditioned otherwise. With that said, I only wear the open face when on my cafe racer...and only when I go to a show or bike night. I rarely ride my cafe over 50 mph because at 60 mph hat thumper will knock your fillings out of your head. As you can imagine...it's an awesome bike (really is).

Duckman

Braapp
Reaction score
Visit site
A bunch of Shoei's (full face and flip up) plus a Schubreth.

Not to belittle your choice in an open face helmet as I used to wear one a long time ago until I met a guy missing half his jaw from a mc crash. As he explained......what's the first thing you will hit if you (heaven forbid) crash? your face. By the grind marks on my first Schubreth after Bambi took me and my FJR down I suspect my face would be missing parts if I hadn't been wearing a full face lid.
I have a cheap hjc full face helmet but gets way too hot6E062ECB-3BA9-42CE-90FA-0FDF62E50198.jpg racing dirt bikes as I was younger, I think I have discovered the benefits of a full face myself haha!

Last edited: