What is Rep Power?

deljs

Reaction score
Visit site
I see it in the avatar boxes and usually with a score greater than the big ZERO I have earned. I assume it doesn't stand for REPrimand.
Thanks

Reaction score
Visit site
No idea. Would like to know also. Guess you'll have toa ask whoever started this. Shoot! I can't even figure out how to find a thread I left off at, which means I most likely won't find this one again.

W

wrightme43

See the little scale under your avatar?
If you agree or think the person who wrote something is on the right track you give them rep points.
If you disagree or think the person who wrote something is being a butthead you can remove rep points.
If a bunch of people think one guy is a total butt he/she will have a bad rep. If a bunch think someone is helpful and gives good advice the will have more rep, Also it build over time so the longer you stay the more it is.

If you want to find a post you wrote to. Go to your name, click on it. A menu will come up. Click find more posts by saddletramp. It will show up.

deljs

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the answer. I will start voting for right-trackers:thumbup: and against butt-heads:eek:.

On a slightly different but similar note, why is it there is an option to give mikenbern or saddletramp an infraction, but not you (or I, of course)?

W

wrightme43

I am a moderator so you cant cause I am super hella cool and all chicks dig me. Or I have a huge ego. LOL

Seriously its cause I am a mod and you cant give yourself an infraction. I cant give myself an infraction.

Basicly I think thats for if someone is instigating fights, passing out bad info, or from Canada. With their beady little eyes always watching me. LOL J/King

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I am a moderator too.... but since I am not from Kentucky and can read you can apparently give me an infraction.

Giving one to Wrigthme is silly cuz unless there is a pic ... well you get the idea:justkidding::surrender:

:D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you agree or think the person who wrote something is on the right track you give them rep points.
If you disagree or think the person who wrote something is being a butthead you can remove rep points.
If a bunch of people think one guy is a total butt he/she will have a bad rep.
I'm doomed... :(

:p

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a moderator so you cant cause I am super hella cool and all chicks dig me. Or I have a huge ego. LOL

Seriously its cause I am a mod and you cant give yourself an infraction. I cant give myself an infraction.

Basicly I think thats for if someone is instigating fights, passing out bad info, or from Canada. With their beady little eyes always watching me. LOL J/King

If a bunch of people think one guy is a total butt he/she will have a bad rep. If a bunch think someone is helpful and gives good advice the will have more rep, Also it build over time so the longer you stay the more it is.

If you want to find a post you wrote to. Go to your name, click on it. A menu will come up. Click find more posts by saddletramp. It will show up.

Thanks. I needed that.... I think. Now all i gotta do is fgure out all them other little icon thingees.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I think you can only give people who have been here less than 90 days an infraction. Look at the join dates for anyone you can give an infraction too, they have been here usually less than 2 months.

But I can still give anyone negative rep :p

Edit: Woops, I may be wrong on that, actually looking at it now, I can give anyone an infraction except for the Mods/admin!

W

wrightme43

No one gives me any rep...lol

Yeah dude is says you must spread some rep around before you can give it to DefyInertia again. It say you have received 42 rep points from different people. It just shows as a level 2.

Reaction score
Visit site
Is rep points kind of like green stamps? Or frequent flyer miles? Or attaboys? How many points ya gots ta have ta get a free prize? Is there a catalog of prizes? All this thinking makes my head hurt.

(never mind)

S

sportrider

Yeah dude is says you must spread some rep around before you can give it to DefyInertia again. It say you have received 42 rep points from different people. It just shows as a level 2.
+1 same here:)