What LEO's really do in the cruiser

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you ever get pulled over by that LEO due to some sort of traffic violation, I would make damn sure I have that song blasting through the stereo system as he walks up. Or you hope he had that song playing since you would be able to catch him in a great mood. Loves how he waves to the other passer buys without missing a beat. LOL...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Turned out it was staged, it was a publicity stunt to improve law enforcement perceptions, that they have a fun personality too. It was a real cop though, but they picked the right guy to do it. A big heavy dude.

They should have ended the video by showing him driving into the parking lot of a donut shop.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Turned out it was staged, it was a publicity stunt to improve law enforcement perceptions, that they have a fun personality too. It was a real cop though, but they picked the right guy to do it. A big heavy dude.

I can live with that, we need something like that here, there is an inherent mistrust and fear of the police, mostly due to the perception that they are all corrupt and involved in organised crime. I'm going to emphasise PERCEPTION.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can live with that, we need something like that here, there is an inherent mistrust and fear of the police, mostly due to the perception that they are all corrupt and involved in organised crime. I'm going to emphasise PERCEPTION.

Well we definitely needed it here in the states, been a very bad year for the LEO's. Honestly, I think that law enforcement needs to overhaul their use of their firearm protocol, from shoot to kill to shoot to wound. I don't understand why they have to shoot to kill and fire their weapon a dozen times striking them 6-8 times? They are required to handle their weapon better than the average person. Why can't they use it in other ways? Warning shots? Or at least add additional targeting practicing to include hitting non-lethal areas rather than the head and upper mass.

On the other hand, situations can turn bad for the LEO's in a hurry, I saw this video of a cop wearing a body cam in Arizona just having a casual conversation with a suspect and after five minutes the guy pulls out a gun and shoot him, killing the officer. After that video, it seems to justify shoot all suspects, and ask questions later.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There have been four violent killings in utard so far this year, and they all have been police shootings! :eek:
However, they've all looked justified to me with one exception, just like the 3 or 4 nationally-known shootings of late. Not a job I would ever want. :(

(and thank you Thank You for small body cams!)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we definitely needed it here in the states, been a very bad year for the LEO's. Honestly, I think that law enforcement needs to overhaul their use of their firearm protocol, from shoot to kill to shoot to wound. I don't understand why they have to shoot to kill and fire their weapon a dozen times striking them 6-8 times? They are required to handle their weapon better than the average person. Why can't they use it in other ways? Warning shots? Or at least add additional targeting practicing to include hitting non-lethal areas rather than the head and upper mass.

On the other hand, situations can turn bad for the LEO's in a hurry, I saw this video of a cop wearing a body cam in Arizona just having a casual conversation with a suspect and after five minutes the guy pulls out a gun and shoot him, killing the officer. After that video, it seems to justify shoot all suspects, and ask questions later.

Your trained, should you need to use deadly force, its to protect yourself or others. There are NO warning shots, your already way beyond that. You shoot to STOP THE THREAT.. The torso, the largest mass, would be easiest to hit with a hand gun, NOT shooting at his wrist, etc..

In a shooting incident/murder I was involved in(about a decade ago), the guy shot and killed his wife. We found him in his PU truck and a car chase ensued.

Once it stopped in a public housing complex, the "perp" shot at me (I'm still in the car) and hit my car 4 times(I'm still in it!), (once in the drivers door, left ft fender, left front hub cap, and into the trunk lid) where it went back out (crown vic, after making a U-turn in the door re-inforcing beam). My fellow officer (in another car) shot at the bad guy and didn't hit ANYTHING.

By the time I turned around (ducking, big time), (the "perp" was standing as if on a range, feet apart, aiming and shooting at me) exited my car and aimed to shoot my 357 REVOLVER, his automatic, locked open (its now empty). He's now "unarmed". I took him into custody W/O firing a shot. Convicted of murder and atempted murder (on myself). I would have shot until he was down, however he was NOW un-armed (if you would). To partially disable someone (say shoot in the leg), does NOT stop him from firing at you or the public..

Re my guy NOT hitting anything, until YOUR there, in real life, NOT on a range, sirens blasting, NOT practicing with a non-moving paper target, with the adrenelin flowing(especially after a HIGH SPEED CAR CHASE), getting shot at yourself, watching your partner getting shot at, $..t happens.. LEO's are human too.

I would add that we did get the video scenerio's where a real gun is fitted with a lazer and you are in a room, with a flick playing, interacting with folks (some good, some bad). The trainer changes the scenerio, depending on what you do, then of course the critiquing. It was very, very helpful training.

In short, I trained ALL my rookies to make sure they GO HOME at night. Any hesitation can literally cost you your life. In my 25 plus years as a PO, I never had to bury any of my trainee's. We did have to for several others which sucks big time..

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Different scenario if you're being shot at or you know he has a gun. You better shoot and don't miss.

It's those subjective scenarios whether you don't know if he's armed or not armed and whether to shoot to wound could come into play, rather than emptying out your chamber and killing a subject. Kind of ironic, you have big game hunters who kill with a single shot, and when it comes to humans, it takes law enforcement a minimum of 10 shots before they feel the threat is gone. One unarmed couple in Cleveland were shot at 140 times while they were inside a car that was backfiring mistaken as gunfire. Was 140 shots necessary? They obviously died.

In my opinion, whether the cop shoots or not, it's the publics fault for putting themselves in that position. When will people learn.