What makes you bike diff

No payments?

Mods: FE Kit, Puig racing screen, Yamaha lower cowl, Top Saddlery seat, painted pillion pegs, painted radiator guards, tank camera mount, de-stickered, tank protector, carbon fiber swingarm decals, LuckyIrishBoy footpeg inserts, grip puppies, mild airbox mod and dual headlight mod.

I am different because:

I have yet to have an off on an FZ6?
I have owned two model years?
I ride with a Cortech tail bag consistently?
I have never had the FZ6 on a track?
I am older than most of the members?
I've won January calendar with two different FZ6s on two separate forums?
All my gear is FirstGear but I almost never use 1st gear?
My bike has climbed Mt. Washington?

and last.....
I'm the only one who hoists the entire bike to change the oil?

No payments?

Mods: FE Kit, Puig racing screen, Yamaha lower cowl, Top Saddlery seat, painted pillion pegs, painted radiator guards, tank camera mount, de-stickered, tank protector, carbon fiber swingarm decals, LuckyIrishBoy footpeg inserts, grip puppies, mild airbox mod and dual headlight mod.

I am different because:

I have yet to have an off on an FZ6?
I have owned two model years?
I ride with a Cortech tail bag consistently?
I have never had the FZ6 on a track?
I am older than most of the members?
I've won January calendar with two different FZ6s on two separate forums?
All my gear is FirstGear but I almost never use 1st gear?
My bike has climbed Mt. Washington?

and last.....
I'm the only one who hoists the entire bike to change the oil?

thats because you are too old to bend over :Flip: :D

I've got a big black/yellow DUNLOP sticker on the gas tank where the "warning" sticker used to be because I took off a thumbnail sized paint chip whilst removing it.

I put yellow "YAMAHA" letters on the black rims instead of wheel stripes.

My signature detail job makes it look brand new.

Nobody I've ridden with yet has saddlebags on their "sportbike" so I guess I'm unique in the pack.

It has hidden scratches that only I know about.

Cracked front left fairing from a hit/run that left my turn signal hanging broken (FINALLY fixed it properly, but still cracked).

And lastly...over 13,000 original, unrepeatable, uncopiable miles of joy, speed, technique, sweat, oopsies, and SMILES.

just the ear splitting volume of the new exhausts,the looks of discust/shock/fear from pedestians

Puig Smoked DB, FE, glowing blue rim tape, dual headlight mod, RaceTech decals on the swing arm, grips with blue innards and 1" up & Back bar risers.

Oh, and melted plastic piece between the exhaust tips from the flaming fanny pack incident!

I have about 13 mods done, the usual stuff, but I have one thing that is completely unique. I built, out of 1/8" "R/C aircraft" plywood, a small sliding holder for my military ID, which is mounted between my handlebar mounts; carefully painted inside and out to ensure waterproof-ness. I have to show the ID every time I go to work, so instead of stopping, putting the bike in Neutral, pulling off my glove, pulling out my wallet, fishing out the ID, showing it to the guard, and then reversing the process, I can just pull it out with one gloved hand and vastly improve the traffic flow.

At least, I could. Some fu*&$%ing bureaucrat on base decided that all motorcyclists on base had to show their ID AND their MSF card every time we drive thru the gate. My ID holder was precision-built to hold just my ID, the MSF card won't fit. And I'm too PO'd to make another one. :Flip:

The only other thing that makes my bike special, probably like Mississippi, is that mine's a lot smaller than everyone else's:

BotchPokerRun.jpg

:eek: If you've posted about this before, I missed it! Link?

I did but I think it was on that "other" forum. Here's the story;
I was out for a Sunday ride in the twisties with the boys (sometimes girls too) and because I am cheap and need to carry a few things I had a fanny pack (my apologies to the Brits for that term) strapped to my seat. Straps go through the grab rails and the pack sits on the pillion. Just for the record I had been using this fanny pack like this for all my weekend rides.

Well after a spirited section of road we pulled into the little cafe where we have breakfast. As I was taking off my helmet & gloves I noticed a smell like burning rags. I looked down and there was a puddle by my back wheel. There was also a molten mess on my right tail pipe that was still smoldering.

It seems that at some point the bag had slipped back & down over the end of the tail pipe. It caught fire or at least got hot enough that it melted the fanny pack and its' contents, blistered/wrinkled the silver material on the exhaust tip and melted off the "duck flap" that hangs down between the two exhaust tips. Fortunately, there was a bottle of water in the pack and when it melted through it must have extinguished the fire.

In the end it was one of those "it could have been worse" things. Could have been in the restaurant looking out the window & wondering who's bike was burning, could have melted the strap on one side & dropped the thing into the wheel, you name it... In the end I used BBQ grill paint to paint the bracket under the missing duck flap, trimmed the melted plastic and scraped off all the melted stuff. One thing that was in the bag that got ruined was the air hose for my slime compressor but when I called them and told the lady the story they sent me a new hose gratis. Kudo's to Slime for excellent customer support!

Botch! Where did you find the kids version of this bike?!? ;) Just how tall are you?

I reckon mine might be the only one in Australia with Two Brothers cans hanging off the back, and most probably the only 06 FZ6 in Auztralia, with 08 forks, and 05 R6 brake calipers at the front.

:thumbup:

Botch! Where did you find the kids version of this bike?!? ;) Just how tall are you?

OMFG! I can't stop laughing! Freaking Hilarious post Eric! I am in tears.

Great Thread by the way, as there are many other great posts and funny comebacks.

My bike is unique because I may be the only member on this forum with a FZ6 with Remus Exhaust. Austrian pipes.

Plus I have the forum website and my screename scrolled across my front fairing. At least you will know it's me if you come across my bike.

Back