Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ you all catch this part?

According to the connector layout diagram - no abs connector plugs are in the rear fairing pods.... But the info I have is S2 up not S1...

[MENTION=673]Cloggy[/MENTION] did you see the fused adapter I found? It allows you to piggy back a standard fuse to another standard fuse so no cutting or splicing. Its in a sticky in the electrical parts thread.

In that country they must list that S-1 as a 2007 model but here and most of the rest of the world that's an S1 which would be 2004 to 2006. It looks like the swing arm is also the steel one and not the aluminum S2 version.

Didn't know the S1 had ABS. :)

R, Thanks for that SMS link to the PDF! :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In that country they must list that S-1 as a 2007 model but here and most of the rest of the world that's an S1 which would be 2004 to 2006. It looks like the swing arm is also the steel one and not the aluminum S2 version.

Didn't know the S1 had ABS. :)

R, Thanks for that SMS link to the PDF! :rockon:

Here in the Netherlands the year of bike is determined when it is registered for the first time, off the showroom floor. I've come across several S1's with ABS over here, but always 2006 models, as a coincidence a mate of a mate is presently selling hers.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff you are right, I shouldn't have used the plug without knowing what it was connected to, but I figured it was a switched 12v (measured with a dmm) the GPS draws little current and it has a seperate fuse. It would have been safer to use a relay.

I used a "Posi Tap" for my GPS hook up and simply tied into one of the front directional running lights. Comes on with the key on, etc. Very simply, no relays, very short run too.

Fused it of course. :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah finally found it, well pretty much. On page 8.28 of the Haynes manual there is part of a wiring diagram titled "europe FZ6-N, FZ6-S2", the 2 plugs are shown labelled "alarm (optional equipment)". The 2 pin plug is connected to the immobilizer, the 4 pin plug has 2 wires going to the hazard lights and 2 to the horn.

Now I can sleep again at night ;)

Last edited: