What will my next bike be?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
So now that I sold my beloved FZ6 I am in search of my next bike. I have been looking at a Sv650 but I am not sure how I would like it compared to the FZ. Your opinions and advice would be appreciated.

I am also looking at a 2005CBR 600 F4I that I really like but I think may be slightly overpriced. However the bike is clean, stock and the seller is the original owner.

I'd appreciate the input of the forum! Thanks!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
The sv its a nice bike, slower then an fz, and slower but my Buddy had one and its real nice.what about an fz 1 or 8¿

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 and FZ8 are great bikes but I want something with a little more wind protection for highway riding. I will be using the bike for commuting as well as touring. On the weekends I can put on 300 miles per day no problem and summer I would like to take it for vacation.

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you want another street bike style bike? or would you go to something like a cruiser?? If you want another street bike style id go with a BMW otherwise if you would consider going to a cruiser Id choose a Victory Hammer! But thats just my opinion...:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The SV 650 is a nice bike but I don't know if you'd be that happy with it coming from the FZ6. Power wise it has less horse power but more low end torque if that is a consideration. I would also think about how the riding position is set up on it because I know you do long distance. What about gear on your trips?

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like the SV would be more of a linear move than a real upgrade. The CBR is more of a upgrade overall,but it's not as comfortable as FZ. definitely more towards the "sport" side of sport touring, kind of like the ZZR600s from 05 to 08. What kind of riding are you looking to do? TBH, I would rather find a good used 03- 04 CBR600RR if I wanted a full on sports bike in the same price range. The f4i is a great bike right in the middle though. Not quite a sport tourer and not quite a full sport bike, but ALOT closer to a supersport than the FZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JJP XX

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheryl is looking at this bike: 2005 CBR F4i, 9500 miles, very clean, recent tires, new battery, for $3700.

She's not too crazy about the price but it is amongst the cleanest and fairly priced F4is that we've come across.

Selling points are the bike is stock, owned by the original owner, and garage kept. Seriously, this bike is cleaner than my ZX14... that says a lot to me.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it (I'd put a "thumbs up" here if I wasn't on my phone). I forgot to mention those f4i engines are near bulletproof. Ive said it before on another thread but theres a guy over on the CBRforum that has over 150,000 miles on his.

Guessing he's not willing to drop the price at all? Im not sure how much lower would be fair though given the shape it's in. Maybe down to 3300? I would be willing to pay a bit more knowing that it has been well taken care of.

Also- I would take a CBR over an SV650 any day, but I'm a bit biased lol.

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great input so far! My budget consideration is $3,500 to $4,000 which really leaves out the bigger bikes. Also I'm only 5'4" and 115#. I do like long rides and could use my soft bags on the CBR. As for a cruiser......no thanks, I like the twisties way too much. :)

I have considered a ZZR 600 but have been told they do not have a gas gauge and I really like fuel injection. The other bike I like is the VFR but I can't find one close to home in my price range.

JJP XX

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally the guy, very nice BTW, was asking $4000. He mentioned that the battery was weak and said that a replacement would be $180.

After 10 or so minutes of Cheryl and I checking over the bike, Brian (owner) said he would go down to $3800 and we buy the battery. Since the bike was local, we had purposely "left the checkbook home".

After "sleeping on it", I mentioned to Cheryl to offer $3500 and we buy the battery. Short while later, I have a message on my phone from Chery... "call me" in a not so positive tone of voice. As long as I wasn't in trouble, it's all good! ;)

She said that she called Brian back and he mentions that he ordered the battery and they agreed to $3700. She still wasn't feeling good about a $180 battery. I go to the Ron Ayers site and the most expensive I could find was $132. She looked elsewhere and found a replacement for $60 before shipping.

She's a little perturbed about a $180 battery but other than that, I think (as long as she's comfy with it) this F4i would be a great bike.

She can fill in other details..

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I have considered a ZZR 600 but have been told they do not have a gas gauge and I really like fuel injection.

I had pretty much the same bike as the 05-08 ZZR600 (01 ZX6R) and really hated that it had carbs. Sure it was cheaper to tune with a jet kit and they were easy to clean but they really were a hassle. I also didn't like the analogue clocks. If Kawasaki would have added fuel injection and digital clocks the ZZR would have been great. Other then that it's almost the same as the F4i. But there really is no excuse for carbs on a modern 600.

JJP XX

Reaction score
Visit site
She has ridden the F800ST and liked it. The belt drive was very appealing to her along with the heated grips and ABS.

The GSX650 (2009MY) she has sat on and it seemed to have fit her well. I've only seen a couple of used ones for sale but they go quickly.

The Versys didn't have fairings and a scooter she hasn't taken out yet.

Last edited: