What would you choose?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 is a far better bike than the FZ8...which is a parts bin special that didnt work in my eyes!!!

:thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I'm more talking about this:
dutch-fans1-560x361.jpg
I would prefer naked over faired!!! HEHEHEHE

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple...whatever draws the crowd pictured above! Seriously, stick with the six...imo.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
there are only a few bikes that make me really look.

- fz1 - for the obvious reasons. but i think if i really had the choice i'd stick with the 6 for gas reasons.

- buell xb12scg - sadly not made anymore. dang you harley!

- street triple - never ridden one but i love everything i see

out of those three i think the triple is only one i'd be really tempted to check out. but i think the six would win out. especially if i had a set of cans waiting for it.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reactions everybody.:) Today I got the prices of the bikes. The grey fz6n with abs(09): 6990 euro, The 3 fz6 fazer with abs(09): 7490 euro. And the fz8n with abs: 8499 euro, the fz8 fazer with abs: 8999 euro. So that makes for the faired ones a difference of 1509 euro...
I still could try to sell the akrapovic... But then again, I really liked the 6...
Damn, choosing is not easy... I still want to be happy in a couple of years...

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reactions everybody.:) Today I got the prices of the bikes. The grey fz6n with abs(09): 6990 euro, The 3 fz6 fazer with abs(09): 7490 euro. And the fz8n with abs: 8499 euro, the fz8 fazer with abs: 8999 euro. So that makes for the faired ones a difference of 1509 euro...
I still could try to sell the akrapovic... But then again, I really liked the 6...
Damn, choosing is not easy... I still want to be happy in a couple of years...

So tell me something... do you commute and put on a lot of miles all year, or do you just joyride on weekends? I ask because if it's the first one, then I would say "6" even more strongly. But if you just joyride for fun, then maybe something a little faster might be a safer long-term bet, not that the 6 is anywhere near slow. Speaking only for myself, the 6 is pretty much the ultimate commuting weapon, bar none. Nothing else gets the mpg's, can handle hard bags, is comfy, and has so close to pure-sportbike performance, all for less than 7,500 euros. Nothing is so solidly in that commuting sweetspot, and I mean NOTHING.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it is mainly for just fun that I have my bike. :) And I heard that the fz8 has a lower fuel consumption than the 6...It is 800cc, but the engine runs at lower rpm's... And there is absolutely no on-off reaction. It is really smooth. The only downside is that it is more expensive and is more boring because of the lineair power delivery.